My Capri 2.0S daily driver

• 11 months later...

A lot of stuff has happened since I updated this thread. Winter 2016 saw further restoration done on it, passenger side, roof, replaced the bonnet with a solid one, painted etc etc. Most people will have seen it at meets & shows across the South East. I'll upload resto pics but this is the finished results from Hanworth show summer last year. Have been truly happy with the results, and apart from the headgasket going after I got it back, it's been a blast to drive & enjoy. Looking forward to show season this year!

post-7529-0-67591800-1483991450_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A lot of stuff has happened since I updated this thread. Winter 2016 saw further restoration done on it, passenger side, roof, replaced the bonnet with a solid one, painted etc etc. Most people will have seen it at meets & shows across the South East. I'll upload resto pics but this is the finished results from Hanworth show summer last year. Have been truly happy with the results, and apart from the headgasket going after I got it back, it's been a blast to drive & enjoy. Looking forward to show season this year!

attachicon.gif13551804_1712509848998447_160745465_n(1).jpg

Very nice. Colour is bang on.

• 1 year later...

Whoops haven't updated this thread for a while. Last year the gearbox ate the layshaft gear & the rest of the gearbox, so that was rebuilt by OldSkoolFord. After that I took it to Speyer in Germany for a Capri show, then Lincolnshire for a Capri photoshoot with the Lancaster Bomber, and was used reguarly. I got a different job in August last year & my spare time got used up & wasn't using the Capri as train commute cheaper. It's suffered over the winter, but job finished & back on it for summer 2018. Have ordered some new window frame trim from East Kent as the drivers side has perished, but just going out & enjoying it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...