23 minutes ago, Rallye said:

I keep a close eye on MkI 1300 Sport numbers, in fact my register has less than 50 on the list which includes those overseas and resting in garages. With this model reaching it's 50th anniversary this year I think it's fair to say any surviving MKI is worthy of the marque.

Registers are a great idea. Do you know how many were actually made?

11 minutes ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Registers are a great idea. Do you know how many were actually made?

that could confuse matters RP

early AVO 1300E's were 1300 sport models removed off the line at Hailwood and sent to AVO

some dealers still registered them as 1300 sport on the V5, the build plates say the body colour, followed by an A for acrylic paint, followed by the model which is Sport, this applies to the special campaign models, which is also embossed into the build plate

4 minutes ago, Ray said:

that could confuse matters RP

early AVO 1300E's were 1300 sport models removed off the line at Hailwood and sent to AVO

some dealers still registered them as 1300 sport on the V5, the build plates say the body colour, followed by an A for acrylic paint, followed by the model which is Sport, this applies to the special campaign models, which is also embossed into the build plate

That would be confusing! Any ideas roughly though like were there only a few hundred or a few thousand? Did anyone keep track of which ones became 1300E's? Thats when the registers come in handy it can note the chassis numbers of those that have been confirmed by enthusiasts as to their history.

• 2 weeks later...

Just goes to show Nic that all you had on your mind at the NEC was the beer in your hand

if you had taken the time to read the details on the stand in front of the car, it tells you that that car was the inspiration for mine

what was also nice was the fact its owner which i had spoken to after the  NEC in 2013, came to the stand and saw it and said hello

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...