Retro Ford Track Day @ Brands Hatch

luckymark

Gentlemen (i use that very loosely!!) i have just returned from Retro Ford magazines track afternoon at Brands Hatch and i'm looking for some assistance, i took my recently brought Mk 2 Granada along and gave it a good blast round the track, its bog standard, so me and my daughter(first time on a track day) got some very funny looks whilst in the waiting zone parked amongst  all the race cars, i don't think that anyone thought we would actually go on the track! once we got started we were having a whale of a time until i overcooked it on Paddock bend and put us sideways in the gravel on two wheels, the marshal reckoned the only thing that stopped us going over was the weight of the thing(not sure if he meant me or the car?) anyway whilst this was all going on, the camera we had taken lots of photos of the car with flew up in the air and crashed on the floor and would have appeared to have deleted all the pictures, has anybody who went got any photo's of my old granny roaring around that i could get a copy of  ?, i'm more than happy to cover any costs involved, p.s, my daughter reckons that due to her near death experience(please!) she is never doing another track day again, the youth of today, no bottle at all :wah:  :wah:  :wah:

• Like 2

Wouldn't worry to much mate, it'll be in all the mags next month in the section ..cars NOT to do track days in lol joking aside most circuits have track day photographers, usually listed on there web sites who they are might be worth a look and hopefully a contact number. Get it out on the next track day and have some fun. Good on ya

Thanks, good advice about the photographer, i'l look into that, i will defo be doing a few more track days in the old beast weather its suitable for it or not!  i will tame the thing without modifying it, its now become a challenge! and i love the look on the race boys faces in the pit lane!!!

• Like 1

thanks i'm not on that facetube thingy but my mate at work is having a look for me, but we can't find anything!  mind you we are a couple of old gits!! can you tell us where to look?  (i don't think this webnet thing will ever really catch on!)

That was us on the way to try and find a tyre place after our big moment, we managed to collect about half a ton of gravel when we went off and the marshal's said that i had to get all the gravel out that had got stuck between the bead of the tyre and the rim before i could go back on the track, unfortunately we didn't have any luck so we headed home, many many years ago i had a mk2 tina in exactly the same shade as yours, i'm liking the spots on the front, very nice

cheers Mark

Feels unlikely to me that a knock would cause the pictures to actually be deleted. If it is a camera with a card then I would take the card out and plug it directly into your laptop - you may find that the photos are still there and it is the camera that is the issue not the card.

S