Dvla vehicle inspection

Mk1jigs

Possibly but....

Getting caught, id lose eveything ive worked for since leaving school 28 years ago.

Id rather loose a few grand to be honest.

Anyway, jumping through hoops keeps me fit :mrgreen:

Although i wont lie, i did consider it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rich T said:

Possibly but....

Getting caught, id lose eveything ive worked for since leaving school 28 years ago.

Id rather loose a few grand to be honest.

Anyway, jumping through hoops keeps me fit :mrgreen:

Although i wont lie, i did consider it.

theres enough on ebay, and atleast its your car not one pinched from someones garage!

Would it have been easier to put it on a UK log book? 
Not suggesting this is the right or wrong thing to do, but you seem to be jumping through a lot of hoops. 
Its thoughts like that what cause Dvla to do inspections in the first place. Not so much for imports but uk cars cos they know there are loads of v5 and tags in peoples drawers. "Memorabilia according to ebay sales"

7 hours ago, Stu3y said:
9 hours ago, dt36 said:
Would it have been easier to put it on a UK log book? 
Not suggesting this is the right or wrong thing to do, but you seem to be jumping through a lot of hoops. 

Its thoughts like that what cause Dvla to do inspections in the first place. Not so much for imports but uk cars cos they know there are loads of v5 and tags in peoples drawers. "Memorabilia according to ebay sales"

Wasn't suggesting that this was what should have been done. 

The question was, would it have been easier. 

1 hour ago, dt36 said:

Wasn't suggesting that this was what should have been done. 

The question was, would it have been easier. 

Probably not! If its been dormant for more than a few years then it'll attract an inspection and if its a left hooker on a UK plate = hello fraud squad, DVLA rubber glove brigade! I think the DVLA are sick of helping the fruadsters and ringers - only taken best part of 30 years!

14 minutes ago, katana said:

Probably not! If its been dormant for more than a few years then it'll attract an inspection and if its a left hooker on a UK plate = hello fraud squad, DVLA rubber glove brigade! I think the DVLA are sick of helping the fruadsters and ringers - only taken best part of 30 years!

the ford rally team themselves regularly swapped ids from one car to another back in the 70s and even the mk2 in the heritage museum has the wrong numberplates on it!

2 hours ago, RWL81P said:

the ford rally team themselves regularly swapped ids from one car to another back in the 70s and even the mk2 in the heritage museum has the wrong numberplates on it!

True - but they owned / operated multiple 'identical' cars and there was no attempt to defraud anyone. To anyone outside the 'rally world', the cars were identical and handy when you registered a series of consecutive reg. numbers each year.

6 hours ago, katana said:

True - but they owned / operated multiple 'identical' cars and there was no attempt to defraud anyone. To anyone outside the 'rally world', the cars were identical and handy when you registered a series of consecutive reg. numbers each year.

still not legal though as only 1 id number per car are the rules. but a number of the genuine rally shells after being reshelled were sold of with no id. all dodgy even at ford.