• Announcements

• Vista

Search Facility

Please note the existence of the Forum's Advanced Search Facility. It can be accessed from the search menu at the top right of the page, or from the link below   http://www.oldskoolford.co.uk/ipb/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums
    • Vista

Forum Update   23/07/17

Please note that we will shortly be updating the forum's operating software to the latest version. There may be some outages as this process happens and it'll take us a few days to get everything set up in full again. The update is now complete, please bear with us while we sort out all the other stuff that proves necessary after such a big update
Sign in to follow this  
RWL81P

open all hours

RWL81P    167

dont know if anybodys interested but its the last week of filming in doncaster for this christmas's series of still open all hours, so if your passing and fancy a nosey.

Mardy_Mike    1

Awesome !!

A lad I worked with (from Rossington) managed to get a picture of himself with Johnny Vegas while filming last year... Maybe it was the year before. Time flies!

:tongue:

RWL81P    167

Awesome !!

A lad I worked with (from Rossington) managed to get a picture of himself with Johnny Vegas while filming last year... Maybe it was the year before. Time flies!

:tongue:

cool, ar lasses mate lives next to the shop so we managed to meet most of the cast including sir david jason., johnny vegas is always out on the piss in bawtry at night. theyre staying over that way while filming.

RWL81P    167

the pub opposite the crown is where he usually is at. not sure if he's still here this week as its mostly night time shots. was snowing there the other day, big snow machine on top of a cherry picker.

colr6    1,271

The programme was ok back when ron barker was in it but now sorry to say its shit imo

Must agree with that its just not the same.

2512pf    283

You cant better some things

It would be like a new only fools with a new del boy and rodney

Even with the best script in the world it wouldnt work

colr6    1,271

You cant better some things

It would be like a new only fools with a new del boy and rodney

Even with the best script in the world it wouldnt work

Didn't they do a follow on to Porrige and that was shite !

RWL81P    167

ronnie barker was a fantastic actor in any role he played, but then so is david jason, even though i cant stand frost! but i dont think open all hours has changed that much from the original. same story lines, same writer, same llocation. david jason played as much in the early episodes as ronnie and he's still written into the new ones

2512pf    283

Myself i think david jason is great

I just think the format for open all hours is so dated its become cringe worthy to watch

As far as frost goes ,i thought both david jason and the series were excellent hence how long it was on our tv screens

So thumbs up for mr jason but thumbs down to the writers of the new open all hours

RWL81P    167

Myself i think david jason is great

I just think the format for open all hours is so dated its become cringe worthy to watch

As far as frost goes ,i thought both david jason and the series were excellent hence how long it was on our tv screens

So thumbs up for mr jason but thumbs down to the writers of the new open all hours

same writer as the old ones, roy clarke. he's the same writer that did last of the summer wine and keeping up appearences. 

2512pf    283

same writer as the old ones, roy clarke. he's the same writer that did last of the summer wine and keeping up appearences.

Just goes to proove what i wrote very dated material

RWL81P    167

Just goes to proove what i wrote very dated material

maybe dated but its drawing the viewing figures or they wouldnt finance they new series. just go's to show how much new crap is on telly, bloody strictly, x factor, brittons  got no tallent. and i dont think theres any comedy on telly at all. just go's to show ppl would rather watch the dated material. 

2512pf    283

maybe dated but its drawing the viewing figures or they wouldnt finance they new series. just go's to show how much new crap is on telly, bloody strictly, x factor, brittons  got no tallent. and i dont think theres any comedy on telly at all. just go's to show ppl would rather watch the dated material.

Lets see if it gets as nany series as frost had?

I think it wont get another

There are places for old style humour like ooen all hours

They should re run the original on gold,and give only fools a break.

Just because a programne is given another series is not just down to viewing figures,its also down to contractual agreements from day 1.

Some pay off clauses cost more than a second bite of the cheery

Anyway its good we have our own thoughts on this as jt would be very boring if we all liked the same tv

RWL81P    167

Lets see if it gets as nany series as frost had?

I think it wont get another

There are places for old style humour like ooen all hours

They should re run the original on gold,and give only fools a break.

Just because a programne is given another series is not just down to viewing figures,its also down to contractual agreements from day 1.

Some pay off clauses cost more than a second bite of the cheery

Anyway its good we have our own thoughts on this as jt would be very boring if we all liked the same tv

indeed we all like different things!

Vista    2,046

I enjoyed the one off episode of Goodnight Sweetheart that was screened recently. I loved that show in the 90's and am quietly hoping the BBC commission a new series.

Its all about perspective. While it may not be as good as the original just watch ten minutes of the dumbed down tripe that comes out of the US like "Friends" and a rehash of Open all Hours becomes pretty good viewing.

2512pf    283

Its all about perspective. While it may not be as good as the original just watch ten minutes of the dumbed down tripe that comes out of the US like "Friends" and a rehash of Open all Hours becomes pretty good viewing.

Not a friends fan myself but I'm sure I would like the royalties from that show than any open all hours shows

I don't think think you can use that as a comparison?

RWL81P    167

i personally think friends was utter shite, didnt see what all the fuss was about, bad american humour. lots of people like it though.

Not a friends fan myself but I'm sure I would like the royalties from that show than any open all hours shows

I don't think think you can use that as a comparison?

Popular doesnt make it good (or funny)! LOL Just look at the best selling cars!

Im with RWL81P, it was so unfunny I couldnt see what the fuss was about. :lol:

RWL81P    167

that time of year again folks, filming for this winters still open all hours starts tomorrow for anyone interested in having a look. the shop was set up yesterday. usually filming for 2 to 3 weeks.

Do you live near there RWL81P? So they only convert it into a shop for filming? Is it someones home normally?

I watched through all the episodes of "Still Open All Hours" and I found it still good viewing in its own right regardless that it was a spinoff.