open all hours

RWL81P

Awesome !!

A lad I worked with (from Rossington) managed to get a picture of himself with Johnny Vegas while filming last year... Maybe it was the year before. Time flies!

:tongue:

cool, ar lasses mate lives next to the shop so we managed to meet most of the cast including sir david jason., johnny vegas is always out on the piss in bawtry at night. theyre staying over that way while filming.

ronnie barker was a fantastic actor in any role he played, but then so is david jason, even though i cant stand frost! but i dont think open all hours has changed that much from the original. same story lines, same writer, same llocation. david jason played as much in the early episodes as ronnie and he's still written into the new ones

Myself i think david jason is great

I just think the format for open all hours is so dated its become cringe worthy to watch

As far as frost goes ,i thought both david jason and the series were excellent hence how long it was on our tv screens

So thumbs up for mr jason but thumbs down to the writers of the new open all hours

Myself i think david jason is great

I just think the format for open all hours is so dated its become cringe worthy to watch

As far as frost goes ,i thought both david jason and the series were excellent hence how long it was on our tv screens

So thumbs up for mr jason but thumbs down to the writers of the new open all hours

same writer as the old ones, roy clarke. he's the same writer that did last of the summer wine and keeping up appearences. 

Just goes to proove what i wrote very dated material

maybe dated but its drawing the viewing figures or they wouldnt finance they new series. just go's to show how much new crap is on telly, bloody strictly, x factor, brittons  got no tallent. and i dont think theres any comedy on telly at all. just go's to show ppl would rather watch the dated material. 

maybe dated but its drawing the viewing figures or they wouldnt finance they new series. just go's to show how much new crap is on telly, bloody strictly, x factor, brittons  got no tallent. and i dont think theres any comedy on telly at all. just go's to show ppl would rather watch the dated material.

Lets see if it gets as nany series as frost had?

I think it wont get another

There are places for old style humour like ooen all hours

They should re run the original on gold,and give only fools a break.

Just because a programne is given another series is not just down to viewing figures,its also down to contractual agreements from day 1.

Some pay off clauses cost more than a second bite of the cheery

Anyway its good we have our own thoughts on this as jt would be very boring if we all liked the same tv

Lets see if it gets as nany series as frost had?

I think it wont get another

There are places for old style humour like ooen all hours

They should re run the original on gold,and give only fools a break.

Just because a programne is given another series is not just down to viewing figures,its also down to contractual agreements from day 1.

Some pay off clauses cost more than a second bite of the cheery

Anyway its good we have our own thoughts on this as jt would be very boring if we all liked the same tv

indeed we all like different things!

Its all about perspective. While it may not be as good as the original just watch ten minutes of the dumbed down tripe that comes out of the US like "Friends" and a rehash of Open all Hours becomes pretty good viewing.

Not a friends fan myself but I'm sure I would like the royalties from that show than any open all hours shows

I don't think think you can use that as a comparison?

Not a friends fan myself but I'm sure I would like the royalties from that show than any open all hours shows

I don't think think you can use that as a comparison?

Popular doesnt make it good (or funny)! LOL Just look at the best selling cars!

Im with RWL81P, it was so unfunny I couldnt see what the fuss was about. :lol:

• 11 months later...