Seems that I have some fumes coming inside the car, as I always tend to have a bit of a cough after driving it.

Used the car for work today and coughing again tonight.

Recently refitted the exhaust after building the top end of the engine and ensured all the exhaust was tight and joints sealed, as I noticed I used to cough a bit before the work.

Car is running open trumpets and has a breather on top of the rocker cover. Anyone else have a similar setup and notice any fumes in the car?

post-12853-0-68932200-1493754855_thumb.jpg

What have you done with the block breather? Try running a pipe from your rocker breather under the car and see if any better. Block any holes in the bulkhead up.

Good shout. Just checked the block breather and its not the tightest seal. Got a pipe running to bottom of bulkhead, but it's still venting into engine bay area.

Heater bubble is also open, so will block that with some gaffer tape.

Got a decent length of pipe here, so will fit that and make it longer to go under the car.

Cheers Col, will report back.

PCV Valve was not in the best of health and pipe was actually blocked by some electrical tape, fitted by previous owner to help secure pipe.

Ended up buying an elbow from Steve at Vulcan which he posted out very quickly, in fairness.

Fitted this on the weekend and am running pipe down to gearbox tunnel at present. Drove it Saturday and Sunday and it's definitely improved.

Have been advised by Steve to fit a 1/2 inch union to the rear of the rocker cover and feed this pipe into it. Then run an outlet from the filler cap to a catch tank with breather filter.

I'd be happy to leave as is, but I suppose I should really consider the environment side and MOT.

Cheers for the pointer, Col. post-12853-0-04110700-1494246412_thumb.png

• Like 1

I didn't buy those bike carbs I bought 185 55 13 directional tyres

Fed up of facing the wrong direction on wet roundabouts lol

41 minutes ago, preacherman said:

I didn't buy those bike carbs I bought 185 55 13 directional tyres

Fed up of facing the wrong direction on wet roundabouts lol

I think all the roundabouts around here are contaminated with spilt diesel... :-)