• Announcements

• Vista

Search Facility

Please note the existence of the Forum's Advanced Search Facility. It can be accessed from the search menu at the top right of the page, or from the link below   http://www.oldskoolford.co.uk/ipb/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums
    • Vista

Forum Update   23/07/17

Please note that we will shortly be updating the forum's operating software to the latest version. There may be some outages as this process happens and it'll take us a few days to get everything set up in full again. The update is now complete, please bear with us while we sort out all the other stuff that proves necessary after such a big update
preacherman

Pinto cylinder head torque settings and procedure

preacherman    36

Putting a new head gasket on the pinto 2.0 using Torx stretchy bolts.

Can someone advise the correct procedure for

sequence of torquing

torque settings initial and afterwards

Any other tips etc

What is a very good brand of head gasket to use ?

Cheers

Neil

post-16159-0-16278300-1493833761_thumb.jpg

HotRodMatt    229

Those torque settings will be for the early type reusable splined bolts, not the single use Torx stretch bolts. Same torque pattern but slightly different procedure and settings. 624c9b52aba6fb0e868854f32e9cdbc2.jpg

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

dt36    304

Those torque settings will be for the early type reusable splined bolts, not the single use Torx stretch bolts. Same torque pattern but slightly different procedure and settings. 624c9b52aba6fb0e868854f32e9cdbc2.jpg

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Very interesting, HotRodMatt. I've recently refitted my head and followed the guidance of the Haynes book and went midway at stage 4. I might need to recheck soon then following your notes.

I'm planning on taking the rocker cover off anyway for a little tinker in there, so ideal opportunity.