• Announcements

• Vista

Search Facility

Please note the existence of the Forum's Advanced Search Facility. It can be accessed from the search menu at the top right of the page, or from the link below   http://www.oldskoolford.co.uk/ipb/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums
    • Vista

Forum Update   23/07/17

Please note that we will shortly be updating the forum's operating software to the latest version. There may be some outages as this process happens and it'll take us a few days to get everything set up in full again. The update is now complete, please bear with us while we sort out all the other stuff that proves necessary after such a big update
Sign in to follow this  
herb capri

original motorcraft mexico dizzy identification

herb capri    6

guys here is a question that has got me puzzled, a mate has found a genuine mexico in scotland a few years back and has painstakingly restored to a very high standard and kept it so original. now he has found that the dizzy which was in a box is actually a pinto one, the original is probably long gone.

now i have a lot of old dizzys but with so many types of the motorcraft made i cant tell him which is the right one.1100? 1300?1600?

does anyone know what advance spring colour or id number they were ? or even a web site with reference on it, only thing i can find is its a gt and originally referred to as green in haynes ,but not green advance springs

herb capri    6

ARE YOU ALL STUMPED TOO?

i cant find anything and told him that the answer would be found here.

i shall have to eat humble pie......

Vista    2,046

They are pretty specific questions though, I wouldn't have a clue myself. 

colr6    1,271

Try this one, details taken from a old auto data book although it does not give colour of springs this info may help.

dist id....C8BH-C centrifugal advance which can be checked with a timing light

22 deg@1800rpm

28 deg@ 3300rpm

32deg@ 4000rpm

hope this helps Col