• Announcements

• Vista

Search Facility

Please note the existence of the Forum's Advanced Search Facility. It can be accessed from the search menu at the top right of the page, or from the link below   http://www.oldskoolford.co.uk/ipb/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums
    • Vista

Forum Update   23/07/17

Please note that we will shortly be updating the forum's operating software to the latest version. There may be some outages as this process happens and it'll take us a few days to get everything set up in full again. The update is now complete, please bear with us while we sort out all the other stuff that proves necessary after such a big update
capri71

Casting aluminium parts?

capri71    2

Does anyone here have any experience of making parts by lost wax casting? I made a pattern for my own throttle bodies and want to now make a silicone mold to make wax patterns for the final lost wa aluminium casting. Can anyone recommend brands and variants of silicone, wax and anything else they use? I know that using the wrong brand can mess everything up (Sip vs Clarke etc.) so any advice generally on doing this would be great. Im on the fence about getting it all done if anyone has any idea of cost? maybe someone here works somewhere they do this?!