• Announcements

• Vista

Search Facility

Please note the existence of the Forum's Advanced Search Facility. It can be accessed from the search menu at the top right of the page, or from the link below   http://www.oldskoolford.co.uk/ipb/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums
    • Vista

Forum Update   23/07/17

Please note that we will shortly be updating the forum's operating software to the latest version. There may be some outages as this process happens and it'll take us a few days to get everything set up in full again. The update is now complete, please bear with us while we sort out all the other stuff that proves necessary after such a big update
Sign in to follow this  
hazaa

ford fiesta mk1 fornt caliper

hi guys, do you know how big is ciilinder diameter for MK1 fiesta front brake caliper?

i ordered rebuild kit and came 48mm thats whay to big. and local dealer cant give me this info :(

Every site I checked on came up with 48mm piston, they may not be fiesta calipers ? May be worth e- mailing Big Red brakes in UK with any make/ numbers off calipers to see if they can help

brakes looked like this i didnt took out piston because piston head was 37-38mm and rebuild kit was for 48 it didnt look that it could fit :D

20170915_210947.jpg

Push a piston out enough to get a measurement of actual piston not the top collar, the top collar is usually smaller than the actual piston for it to retain the dust cover.

The picture looks like it is from a 950/1100 or a 1300 model. XR2 has bigger calipers and I wonder the kit you have been supplied is for XR2?

50 minutes ago, Bobcat said:

The picture looks like it is from a 950/1100 or a 1300 model. XR2 has bigger calipers and I wonder the kit you have been supplied is for XR2?

On the various sites I went on they listed all the lower models as far back as 1976 as 48 mm pistons

Yes they are 48mm dia, exactly as Col said you need to remove the piston right out. The crown is 38mm, the rest of piston is bigger. Used to use these calipers years ago for the Disc brake kit conversion on Anglias.