Could a lot of us end up on a q plate ?

mk1alexp

So if your car was bulit with discs and it has slightly bigger ones are they gonna notice or be bothered? My body and bulkhead are the same although strenghtened, tunnel is bigger, again, are they going to get a tape measure out and measure it? Sturts coverted to coil overs, not much difference, and still run same english although all changed inside and braced. Still leafs and shocks, my only modification is my engine and box, should i be worried? 

i wouldnt be if anyone says its not standard it looks modified just say i beat the tunnel with a hammer for clearance! axle and struts should be ok if the struts arent put normal ones on bulkhead strenghtening should be acceptable its cut and modified thats the problem

16 hours ago, colr6 said:

Would  ' GET OUT THE FOOOKING WAY ' horn on my 47 BSA pass an IVA ?...lol

whats a horn? my trumps got no horn, no mirrors, no indicators, no numberplate lights, no speedo, no silencers, no front mudgaurd, the light switch is not on the handlebars and it has a hand change with clutch lever on it. looks like im fooked with that! does it make it unsafe? in my opinion no. it has modern tyres that are soft and grippy and it has modern discs and 4 pot calipers front and rear, so it handles and stops perfect. the man it a suit behind a desk wouldnt see it that way though.

On 10/20/2017 at 22:33, Ray said:

1988 relates to the 30 years that the EU legislation actually requires in modified vehicles to be MOT exempt at, although we will adopt the MOT exemption at 40 years, as a result of the consultation

I think it was when the points system was introduced according to one well known prominent individual on various forums.

Anyway as has been pointed out many times, the points system has been around for years unpoliced. The only thing I can see changing really is more random checks on the vehicles that are declared modified and possibly spot checks on those that are declared not modified. DVLA dont do their own checks anyway anymore they use a third party private company and DVSA are slowly closing all their vehicle test centres. It would take a long time to check every single vehicle out there. Time will tell.

12 minutes ago, Kenbex522 said:

I think it was when the points system was introduced according to one well known prominent individual on various forums.

Anyway as has been pointed out many times, the points system has been around for years unpoliced. The only thing I can see changing really is more random checks on the vehicles that are declared modified and possibly spot checks on those that are declared not modified. DVLA dont do their own checks anyway anymore they use a third party private company and DVSA are slowly closing all their vehicle test centres. It would take a long time to check every single vehicle out there. Time will tell.

kr?