• Announcements

• Vista

Search Facility

Please note the existence of the Forum's Advanced Search Facility. It can be accessed from the search menu at the top right of the page, or from the link below   http://www.oldskoolford.co.uk/ipb/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums
    • Vista

Forum Update   23/07/17

Please note that we will shortly be updating the forum's operating software to the latest version. There may be some outages as this process happens and it'll take us a few days to get everything set up in full again. The update is now complete, please bear with us while we sort out all the other stuff that proves necessary after such a big update
Sign in to follow this  
colr6

How THINGS have changed !!!!

Rummaging in the garage roof today and came across an old box of papers. Some of you might find this amusing if you've suffered the fixed penalty fine. Back in the day this is what you received in the way of a fixed penalty. Not everything changes for the better ! What would you have got if you'd done this today ??

image.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stephens_xpack said:

Wow - commas, full stops, paragraphs, on paper, and in English.......those were the days.

If too many were missed the hand would get a good talking to from a thin piece of bamboo! - I soon remembered to use them!

3 hours ago, deltamal said:

If too many were missed the hand would get a good talking to from a thin piece of bamboo! - I soon remembered to use them!

Certainly something that's missing in schools these days .......DISCIPLINE!!! ......RESPECT...... Never did me any harm! ( although some may argue that point).....lol

The problem in schools is exactly that, the teachers have virtually nothing with which they can bring unruly kids to heel......which badly affects those present who do want to learn. 

My parents were both teachers and my mother ended up retiring early through stress when a child she had told off in class made up an accusation. To cut a long story short the police got involved, they quickly found there was no case to answer.........and the child in question? You got it, no action taken.  

Its not just schools, nobody can be discipined these days,  toothless tigers trying to control a world gone mad! 

personally, I couldn't do the job, I just don't know how teachers have the patience not to punch some of them

When I went to school that's exactly what you got ! Like it or lump it. That type of discipline should be brought back and no re-percussion from their actions. Would infuriate me some snotty nosed kid telling I can or can't reprimand them.

There is a shortage of science teachers in Australia and when I finished my science degree I was approached and offered a scholarship to do one more year in Education for free to try encourage myself and others to take up teaching. I said no sorry I couldnt handle the bullying. They replied by asking if I was referring to the bullying of students? I said no, bullying of teachers.

i dont think i could be a school teacher even if i was offerd an rs1800

15 minutes ago, RWL81P said:

i dont think i could be a school teacher even if i was offerd an rs1800

I would !....during the six weeks holidays!!.....lol