colr6

Capri quick rack ???

Does anybody do a quick rack for a Capri ??  Cos I can't find one !! I believe the power racked capris are 2.5 turns lock to lock ? Would it be possible to take the guts out of one of those racks and fit/ fabricate into a non power body ? Anyone done anything like that ?

i think the rack and pinion are the same just longer rack ends. its been a while so not certain.

7 minutes ago, colr6 said:

Does anybody do a quick rack for a Capri ??  Cos I can't find one !! I believe the power racked capris are 2.5 turns lock to lock ? Would it be possible to take the guts out of one of those racks and fit/ fabricate into a non power body ? Anyone done anything like that ?

look on ebay col, i just had a quick look and the first one that came up was a capri quick rack!

22 minutes ago, RWL81P said:

look on ebay col, i just had a quick look and the first one that came up was a capri quick rack!

Well by ell, stuck it in my watching. ...cheers Phil.

If you got the manual rack you just a different pinion - thats what i did. got a 2.6 turn one made up. Think it was like 40 quid. Ill see if I can find the name of the company but Im sure they were just a firm that reconditioned starring racks or something. Think I found them via an eBay listing. I run mine with a Corsa EPAS column on a custom x member but the quick rack bit was easy. I got a recon rack and added that. Same ratio as Focus RS as it happens.