Hi all!

crumpy

Newbie alert!

just a quick introduction, I'm Crumpy and I drive a 1982 2.8i Capri (early 4 speed model). Feel a bit cheeky coming on here being that my car was built after 1980 but I think I qualify as its a pre 1980 model ? It's a work in progress which I bought 7 years ago just after it had been painted but the interior and engine/engine bay were a mess, solid but a mess! Over the time I've had it I have stripped out the interior cleaned everything, replaced some missing parts and fitted a replacement drivers seat bolster. Have also stripped and cleaned the engine from the heads upwards (had them converted to unleaded) and replaced all of the cooling system components as it had a major overheating issue. Also stripped and cleaned all the fuel injection components as it ran very rough when I got it. She's now looking and running something like but (as with all classics) I still have plenty to do! I've attached some photos for you to scrutineer!DSCF1598.thumb.JPG.8b18a970ff13683643b30a2bd5e89189.JPGDSCF1329.thumb.JPG.31564dbf1e28804e43231ad7e80e60cd.JPGDSCF1596.thumb.JPG.b2bcf6a34cd4bbc0d1f3f0ead1c591e3.JPGDSCF1846.thumb.JPG.a7b092d30b42ac9a67defdafa08ca8fe.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the positive feedback chaps, nice to know I'm heading in the right direction! I was really impressed with your stand at the NEC and looking at some of the cars on here I feel I have a long way to go as there are some stunning cars and some very clever/skilled owners. I'm no spring chicken but I am determined to learn new skills to get the car as I want it so this is a great place for inspiration!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1