Rodintee

Lurker turned poster

Hi Everyone

Though I better say hello formally.

I have posted in the MK1/2 technicals just but then remembered the intro section.

My wife insists it's a midlife crisis. I've only gone and bought a left hooker 1973 MK1 to rebuild with (or without) my son. I previously (late 80's) had a couple of MK1's and was quite into the scene working at a small shop / engine builders in Chorley, Lancs. I moved on and went to university and had to get sensible. Only lasted to the end of my course when I found an X plate 2.8i in a garage in Staffordshire. Rebuilt it then built a B plate turbo technics Capri. Wish I still had it !!.

Anyway now got a series 2 XJ Jag but wanted something to play with and encourage the lad in to some tinkering. Hence the MK1. Needs some relatively minor work body wise plus LHD to RHD conversion. Considering engine options - maybe Zetec but my daily is a 2.3 Duratec mondeo. Would be a nice option if some kind sole will write it off for me.

No doubt lots of posts to come. The forum seems a mine of good information.

I'll try to document what I get up to. A photo below of George in the car the other day.

5a254d4f6f677_20171127_2044531.thumb.jpg.acaeb98ace7e51a4706b6d025528ad49.jpg

At the moment the plan of action is;

1. Get the x/f running to assess it's condition.

2. Remove engine / box and strip engine bay.

3. Remove interior and store.

4. RHD conversion

5. Front end repairs including  itdying inner wings / flitch plates, mex wings, new front panel and wiper swap.

Then we'll see.

Thanks all.

Russ

Welcome to Old Skool Ford. That looks like a nice Project basis you have :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Rodintee said:

Hi Everyone

Though I better say hello formally.

I have posted in the MK1/2 technicals just but then remembered the intro section.

My wife insists it's a midlife crisis. I've only gone and bought a left hooker 1973 MK1 to rebuild with (or without) my son. I previously (late 80's) had a couple of MK1's and was quite into the scene working at a small shop / engine builders in Chorley, Lancs. I moved on and went to university and had to get sensible. Only lasted to the end of my course when I found an X plate 2.8i in a garage in Staffordshire. Rebuilt it then built a B plate turbo technics Capri. Wish I still had it !!.

Anyway now got a series 2 XJ Jag but wanted something to play with and encourage the lad in to some tinkering. Hence the MK1. Needs some relatively minor work body wise plus LHD to RHD conversion. Considering engine options - maybe Zetec but my daily is a 2.3 Duratec mondeo. Would be a nice option if some kind sole will write it off for me.

No doubt lots of posts to come. The forum seems a mine of good information.

I'll try to document what I get up to. A photo below of George in the car the other day.

5a254d4f6f677_20171127_2044531.thumb.jpg.acaeb98ace7e51a4706b6d025528ad49.jpg

At the moment the plan of action is;

1. Get the x/f running to assess it's condition.

2. Remove engine / box and strip engine bay.

3. Remove interior and store.

4. RHD conversion

5. Front end repairs including  itdying inner wings / flitch plates, mex wings, new front panel and wiper swap.

Then we'll see.

Thanks all.

Russ

if its not uk reg do that first

Welcome to old skool ford looks like you'll be busy for a while, keep on with pictures

Cheers dave