OSF Tour Of The Moor 2018 - official

Mexican Gerbil

Hello to all. Happy to announce that our own tour will be happing again.

The tour will take place over the weekend of 15th-17th June. 

Location will be the same, River Dart Country Park.

The weekend will include 2 nights camping at the Country Park, a tour around and over Dartmoor, access to the Park all weekend, quiz and social activities Saturday evening.

Sunday we will travel back in time and re-live the birth of our 60’s Fords as we take part in the 1960’s ‘Ticket to Ride’ gala at the South Devon Railway at Buckfastleigh. With live bands, beer tent, family activities and train rides, we have a fun filled weekend planned. http://southdevonrailway.co.uk/ticket-to-ride

Price per car £75. Tickets available from the forum shop. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, nosher 64 said:

We are in... Will there be a tour only price ?? Us southern softies would rather stay in a hotel...

Steve.

On the weekend we have booked there are some lodges / rooms available on site Steve. Book early though as there aren't many. Ring the venue and ask to speak to Colin quoting OSF. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/12/2017 at 08:17, Mexican Gerbil said:

Can I ask anyone viewing this and has a problem with the date to please say so. A lot of reaction on social media. We don’t want to pay deposits on the camping field if a large amount of people can’t make it. 

The RS Owners Club seem to have quite a problem with the date based on today's fb thread! Unfortunately it's been deleted now, as it was getting quite interesting. 

1 hour ago, styut said:

The RS Owners Club seem to have quite a problem with the date based on today's fb thread! Unfortunately it's been deleted now, as it was getting quite interesting. 

God forbid, don't want to be causing the RS owners club any problems now do we.

49 minutes ago, styut said:

Unfortunately I could not find any info on this event before going public with ours. I searched the web and last years events listed in magazines. I’m not a member of the RSOC either. Sadly it’s accidentally fallen on the same weekend and it has only come to light after we went public. As you can see in this thread no one responded to my question and no one respond to the email scott sent out too every single member of this forum. 

It was our intention to hold our event over the same weekend as last year however due to the field being unavailable we either had it this weekend or we didn’t do it at all. Be sure if this year goes well we will be booking last years date ASAP to avoid a clash. 

From what I have now seen the RS day is populated with many Focus and Fiesta's which is of course not what OSF is about so worrying about lack of numbers from both events is not a concern. I was more concerned about AVO day taking place on the same date. 

There are other opinions that have been raised about who’s idea it is. Myself and a friend tried this event back in 2013 however poor weather made the event a no go. Many car clubs hold tours, rallies, treasure hunts and runs so being accused of copying an event is absurd. Not one RSOC message was recieved last year about our event and all the publicity we had from it.

It was not our intention to tread on toes or double book. OSF is exactly what it is, Old Skool Fords and are not in compatition with any RSOC wether it’s Devon or Cornwall.  We hope both groups can learn from this and enjoy our own events on the day. 

19 minutes ago, colr6 said:

TBH you don't have to justify yourself or OSF to anyone, you took polite cautionary steps before booking the event. If they didn't think it justified a response then it's tuff shit if it's on the same weekend. THIER LOSS I would say.

agree with Colin, and as you rightly say, one is main bulk plastic bumper brigade, whilst OSF is heavy metal

you cant please all of the people all of the time, just some of the people some of the time

• Thanks 1