preacherman

Pinto supercharged

Has anyone done this and seen any worthwhile benefits. Seen a nice compact charger that can run up to 16k so even at twice engine speed it will be man enough.

I have access to getting proper brackets made and have an air plenum. I am on bike carbs though.

• Like 1

S/Chargers suffer from inefficiency compared to turbo's - usually no better than 45% and definitely need an intercooler particularly if overdriving a small charger rather than under driving a larger one.

im into propper old fords, pintos, x flows, webers. but if i was to use forced induction on a pinto i'd use a supercharger. they are a bit more old skool, sound great with a nice mechanical whine, and good results can be had if set up correct.  my friend had a polo g40 1.3, run 173bhp with a jabbasport pulley set.

• Like 1

Janey / Danish on hear has done a bit on supercharged pinto . I've done pinto turbo and it's a good mod if done correctly . 

A guy on one of the kit car forums did a very successful installation using a Merc charger, I was thinking of doing a Duratec instal with a Rotex one

I've been aiming to put boost on a pinto for years,just not got round to it. Gathered info about putting boost through a Weber 32/36. If I had more time, it'll be done by now

• Like 1

I have seen a siërra 2ltr efi pinto with a saab turbo , on youtube is video from guys doing a buget siërra turbo with 300hp.

I have these 2 pic`s from 2 pinto with a supercharger.

memory stick 339.JPG

memory stick 338.JPG

• Like 1