Sign in to follow this  
Efsane Ford

Mk1 granada 2.0 v6 cologne

Hı all I am new to the forum ,and hopefully this topic is on the right section. ..

I own a 1975 ford granada with the 2.0 v6 cologne manual 4 speed  ,I am starting to get  the granada restored, and also need to go ahead and do something with the engine this is the reason for this topic ,I want to know what I can do to get some more power out of the 2.0 v6 cologne engine I am open to any ideas like turbo or carbs or anything that you guys have experienced with ,a lot of your are going to say no need for all just get a bigger engine , well I thought about this has lots of ideas like 2.9 cosworth or a zetec but for now I want to know what I can to with this engine I have and keep matching number ...so if any one out there knows about these engines please give us some help the engine I have is standard but I think will need rebuilding anyway  ... thankyou all

• Like 1

Welcome to OSF. :thumbsup:

There's not much UK based knowledge of the Cologne 2.0 V6 as we didn't get it here. One of our European members, JP for instance, might be able to help you. 

Maybe some digging on the net for bore/ stroke bearing sizes may give a bit of insight of the possibility of using the same block for a bigger cc, most likely candidate would be the 2.3 as fitted to uk cortinas. Might be a possibility you could use the crank and rods from the 2.3 in your block achieving a bit more power. As stated the 2.0 is not common over here. Put it this way I can't recall seeing one.

thankyou for your attention , as you both said this is not an engine that was used in UK , the 2.0 V6 and 2.3 V6 looks exactly the same apparently  you can tell the difference by looking at the intake manifold there is a number 2.0 or 2.3 so i have also read online that carbs are different 2.0 is solex 32/32EEIT and 2,3 is solex 35/35EEIT and all other parts are exchangeable but saying this i havent seen anyone do this so do you guys think i could use 2.3 V6 performance parts on the 2.0 V6..

It`s just what you want , the easiest way is to go for a 2,8 carb 135HP , but if you want to keep the Original engine , than you can start with the exhaust/manifolds and build somethings , maybe you can fit the heads [bigger valves] maybe lower compression/ machineshop from a 2,3/2,6/2,8 complete with manifold and carb , if this fit than you can fit also the triple carb set/manifold but not cheap , you can balance the crankshaft/pistons/rods , port flowing , but don`t expect to get much horshpower , standard 90hp , in the first serie cologne engine there was also a 1,8 V6.

The crankshaft doesn`t fit from a 2,3 these are thicker these are the same as 2,8 , i did new a guy that did have a siërra 2,3 with after market turbo.

I think that a 2,3 carb does fit on the 2,0 manifold.