mike399

What does everyone use to paint underneath there projects.

Hi all. Finally started my own project. Mk6 fiesta RWD. After owning the car for 16months.

All stripped and in process of cleaning every thing off the underneath. Ready for the welding to begin.

I plan to use Neutrarust 661 on the rusty bits. Which there isnt many bits.

And then fully paint underneath after all the work has been done. What I'm looking for is best thing to use,

I was gona stonechip it all. But looking for ideas,

Cheers all. be04042231c3be1d1b41fe8342b423d7.jpg3c5185f96db47f37373bd07dbe6109f2.jpgff4fea6130fb8c2e97c3e7ae89a4d74c.jpg7a1b54f85b046c94109d86d0af42d3df.jpg

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

For my road cars I use bitumen and spray it on with a Shultz gun.

Easy quick and cheap, and can be done anytime needed.

The bitumen is available from the hardware, the Shultz gun from an auto paint store.

The bitumen will need to be thinned a little with turps so it can be sprayed.

I spray two heavy wet coats then leave for a few days to a week, then spray another two heavy wet coats.

And always remember to wear a mask and old clothes.

The bitumen acts as a rust preventative, and sound deadener.

For show and concourse cars I always bare metal, treat with phosphoric acid, two pack etch and undercoat then Gravitex sprayed on with the Shultz gun then black two pack paint. 

:-D

use raptor it can be coloured with 2k paint

But all the raptor I've seen are black. Some of um say tint. But I want to paint it white underneath.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I’ve had raptor put under mine. Get 2 pots as one just wasn’t enough (even though they stretched 1 pot out on mine) it’s very thin in places. Get the clear one and colour it. 

I always use waxoyl for the inside of the chassis rails, all along front to back, (or back to front depending where i lay) and as i lay underneath i ask myself.... 'if i was water, where would i sit and rot?' so then i use fibreglass resin in all the nooks and crannies, then when dry, i spray a primer over the area, and then what the guy's have suggested, Shultz.

I always use waxoyl for the inside of the chassis rails, all along front to back, (or back to front depending where i lay) and as i lay underneath i ask myself.... 'if i was water, where would i sit and rot?' so then i use fibreglass resin in all the nooks and crannies, then when dry, i spray a primer over the area, and then what the guy's have suggested, Shultz.

I like ur idea voodoo. But I ain't got to lay underneath as she.s up on a spit.
So makes the whole thing easy.

It certainly does, and at least if you were to use anything 'runny' it would get right into the areas where they are known to rot, keep up the good work, thumbs up!

Thanks voodoo.
Still buzy cleaning down all underneath. Ford's underseal and seam sealer. Is a ba#### to remove

I used to use a paint scraper, blunt screwdriver and a blunt chisel (with the help of a hammer)  along with a good dose of petrol... I think? No more time for talkin' get stuck in!!!

Have you finished???????

Is the engine in??????? :mrgreen: