Jump to content
Stu3y

Thoughts please

Recommended Posts

mine went on the bonfire! kept the headrests though
Ouch. Thats like committing a crime. The head rests alone are worth a fortune now.

Thats whats killing me the most is buying all the little parts i dont have. I've spent thousands.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stu3y said:

Ouch. Thats like committing a crime. The head rests alone are worth a fortune now.

Thats whats killing me the most is buying all the little parts i dont have. I've spent thousands.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
 

same here! like the chrome bits that i blacked when it was the fashion, and the base model rear qtr cards that i binned in favour of the rs custom full height ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only good thing is that my car came full of spares so i have been selling them bit by bit to try and make some money back.

I thought i would save money buying a part restored car but think i was very wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stu3y said:

The only good thing is that my car came full of spares so i have been selling them bit by bit to try and make some money back.

I thought i would save money buying a part restored car but think i was very wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
 

if is a classic ford then nowts cheap, if its got rs badge x it by 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Stu3y said:

Anyone feel free to upload photos of good original or modified features. Provides us all with ideas

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
 

roll tops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RWL81P said:

roll tops.

roll topsIMG_5842.thumb.JPG.241a5e6c5f1c4bba2a8bff9069ce1640.JPG5a970f29891ca_IMG_5844(1).thumb.JPG.c8bf9da871774586992d4be7fe0d57e6.JPG5a970f5e031e7_IMG_5846(1).thumb.JPG.1e48335a48c5644e3207d78f28c96dd7.JPGa bit squashed as theyve been stacked 69. nothing that wont push back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
roll topsIMG_5842.thumb.JPG.241a5e6c5f1c4bba2a8bff9069ce1640.JPG5a970f29891ca_IMG_5844(1).thumb.JPG.c8bf9da871774586992d4be7fe0d57e6.JPG5a970f5e031e7_IMG_5846(1).thumb.JPG.1e48335a48c5644e3207d78f28c96dd7.JPGa bit squashed as theyve been stacked 69. nothing that wont push back.

Now they do look nice. A good example of a twist on an original part but looks great if not better.

 

Did you put them in a mk1 or mk2

 

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stu3y said:

Now they do look nice. A good example of a twist on an original part but looks great if not better.

 

Did you put them in a mk1 or mk2

 

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

 

 

 

theyre going in my mk2 when its done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hopefully the rear seat will look as good. thats having the perforated centers too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top of bottom with regards to the appearance of the dash?

Dont take into account the steering wheel as i would have a dished one anyway.1a111ae30f6761e12b8288cfa86ce157.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was mine I would tend to go for black dash with RS three spoke TBH. Not a great lover of Springalex dished wheels, they look cheap to me even though there not!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If it was mine I would tend to go for black dash with RS three spoke TBH. Not a great lover of Springalex dished wheels, they look cheap to me even though there not!
Not taking into account the steering wheel what dash, switch housing and glove box set up do you prefer of the two

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stu3y said:
6 minutes ago, colr6 said:
If it was mine I would tend to go for black dash with RS three spoke TBH. Not a great lover of Springalex dished wheels, they look cheap to me even though there not!

Not taking into account the steering wheel what dash, switch housing and glove box set up do you prefer of the two

i must say the flocked dash does look good but i personally prefer the black original, although i do like the dash clocks! i too have an original rs 3 spoke also a deep dish rs 3 spoke which will be going in my car. but i do like the springalex wheels! for me the mountney types would go in the bin. but all personal taste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Stu3y said:
13 minutes ago, colr6 said:
If it was mine I would tend to go for black dash with RS three spoke TBH. Not a great lover of Springalex dished wheels, they look cheap to me even though there not!

Not taking into account the steering wheel what dash, switch housing and glove box set up do you prefer of the two

Black dash with full glove box std centre switch panel all in black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the brushed stainless against the black, i think the flocked sets it off well. Would be interesting in seeing it with vinyl too. I like the silver dash kit and clock bezel with chrome dial rims. Just gives it that little something.

I think those are the sort of mods i like but then i also see a dash like this and think wowc2d79058a63c186d313c1e9004eaa9c4.jpgd7d50a451cf3fed296a3c211f2913a02.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stu3y said:

I like the brushed stainless against the black, i think the flocked sets it off well. Would be interesting in seeing it with vinyl too. I like the silver dash kit and clock bezel with chrome dial rims. Just gives it that little something.

I think those are the sort of mods i like but then i also see a dash like this and think wowc2d79058a63c186d313c1e9004eaa9c4.jpgd7d50a451cf3fed296a3c211f2913a02.jpg

for me the top one, love those contour seats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for some reason i like this, maybe cos its a bit different and the finish is amazing!dsc_0236x.thumb.jpg.0eb503d41f84b1db0e102ef19f67df53.jpgdsc_0234x.thumb.jpg.77839aa799d2f1e7a669f6adbef2fbc2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
for some reason i like this, maybe cos its a bit different and the finish is amazing!dsc_0236x.thumb.jpg.0eb503d41f84b1db0e102ef19f67df53.jpgdsc_0234x.thumb.jpg.77839aa799d2f1e7a669f6adbef2fbc2.jpg
Im sure it looks amazing in person but to far for me
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah it wouldnt be my choice but its certainly different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×