Sign in to follow this  
hazaa

what is this wire??

i have this strange wire in my engine bay:

it connects black wire and black yellow wire, but dont know is that just to connect wire or it is some special??

20180528_194732.jpg

oki, but can i change it to some smaller or modern? so it is not so big? or it should be like that? or can i tape it in some how?

You can get rid of it altogether (by substituting for a conventional wire) if you change to a 12Volt coil

36 minutes ago, hazaa said:

oki, but can i change it to some smaller or modern? so it is not so big? or it should be like that? or can i tape it in some how?

its done like that for ease of replacement

so i have 3 options:

1) leave it as it is

2) take it out but than i need to put 12v coil

3) can i put some smaller in it or modern resistor?? ( if yes, maybe can give some link where i can find it?)

why do you want to do away with it

I had one on mine and it melted so I just replaced it with a bit of normal wire and put a 12v coil on it. Its purpose is to reduce the voltage to the 9v coil when the engine is running 

14 hours ago, Ray said:

why do you want to do away with it

i rebuilding fiesta so all wires put together made them in black housing in engine bay, and this one left alone :D so want to make it look good, thats why thinking

maybe to buy new coil for 12v and thats it ( i dont need to change nothing else only to put 12v coil??)

also wanted to ask about these wires:

in front near the driver side lamp:

http://pic.fotki.lv/fpic0/11/W0004715/000471497/000047149688_%23_2_%23_hazaa.jpg

than near that wire is this:

http://pic.fotki.lv/fpic0/11/W0004715/000471497/000047149686_%23_2_%23_hazaa.jpg 

and than i have 2 this: one on each side of radiator

http://pic.fotki.lv/fpic0/11/W0004715/000471497/000047149687_%23_2_%23_hazaa.jpg

Have you a wiring diagram for it ? The two wires either side of rad with the male/ female fitting would possibly for spot lights. Don't know about the others sorry.

second pic: plug goes to gearbox for reverse lights, third pic: plug goes to cooling fan motor, first pic I dunno but ill find out.

On 08/06/2018 at 23:27, johnnyspencer said:

second pic: plug goes to gearbox for reverse lights, third pic: plug goes to cooling fan motor, first pic I dunno but ill find out.

thanks for the second pic.

but the third is the same as in 1 pic, and its not to cooling fan, because thats already plug in. i think they could be the fog lights?

Stick a meter in them and set it to Ohms, with the meter resting on your wipers and facing into the car.

Then get your Missus to pretend your in a showroom looking at a new car. She will proceed to flick every switch and lever, which hopefully might give a reading on the meter. Bingo... :-)