Sign in to follow this  
Mk2Jo

OSFDC Round 3 - Retro Show - 16/17th June

Good Afternoon Race Fans

Just a reminder for those of you that are interested (although I never get any replies to any of my posts so I am not sure anyone is interested :() that the 3rd round of the Old Skool Ford Drag Challenge is on this weekend at the very exciting Retro Show, Santa Pod.    Newcomers very welcome.      We hope to see you there!

:sad: Guessing that's because it's all being posted on Facebook completely independent of OSF, ergo most of the drag racers don't bother to come on here anymore.

Be assured I read it on here and don't go onto the OSFDC FB page.   :ykt:

• Like 1

We have only around 30 racers who use the FB page because it links up with their newsfeed where everything they want is all in one place (which is the beauty of FB but the death of forums).     There are far more than 30 people using this forum still but it seems they are not of the drag-racing fraternity.     Nevertheless, I shall continue with it ;) 

Any way we can add videos/films to this forum. Be good to get some action to draw the followers in. Sadly I prefer the touring car/rally type racing so won’t post on OSFDRC much.  But be good to watch drag racing on here though. 

I put a photo up of Chris at Doorslammers ..... a huge event ..... and just 1 person replied and that was Vista :mrgreen: (in Old Skool chat).    I just think the readership has changed over the years but I shall continue.   I don't take videos so have nothing to add on here.       It's ok, it's not for everyone.

Sorry for not replying, i maybe there.

Waiting to find out what my other half wants to do. She enjoyed Classic Ford at the pod so maybe up for it.

Rich

2 hours ago, Mexican Gerbil said:

Any way we can add videos/films to this forum. Be good to get some action to draw the followers in. Sadly I prefer the touring car/rally type racing so won’t post on OSFDRC much.  But be good to watch drag racing on here though. 

You can if you upload them to YouTube first. Video files take huge amounts of space unfortunately so uploading them direct to the forum is a non starter. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Rich T said:

Sorry for not replying, i maybe there.

Waiting to find out what my other half wants to do. She enjoyed Classic Ford at the pod so maybe up for it.

Rich

It's ok Rich ... it wasn't a dig at you ... .just a comment regarding the lack of interest in drag racing on the forum ... I think it's just not of interest to the members anymore - just a sign of the times :)