Sign in to follow this  
mort

mk2 rs2000 door card trim

The "chrome" trim below  the windup window on my door card has had one of the fixing lugs broken off and as a result the trim has bent away from the door and is essentially unrepairable. Does anyone know where I can get a new "chrome" trim for the card please?

Thanks

Well, I couldn't find what I wanted so I bought a metal tile trim from B&Q, cut off the piece that normally goes behind the tiles, cut it to length, peened over the ends to make a hemisphere end as original. Araldited it onto the spring steel backing, the one with the  lugs on, and replaced on door card. Although I say it myself, it is impossible to see  any difference from the original. Very pleased with the result.

• Like 2

here you go. The first one shows the tile trim glued to a wood strip, the trim is then cut along the red line with a Dremel type wheel. The ends are then rounded off with a hammer on a suitable sized bolt.  You then have to utilise the original steel mounting strip which you araldite the trim onto, as you haven't got the edges on the trim  formed to slide the  mounting strip into. Be very careful not to scratch or damage the tile trim that you are cutting off and using as it comes with a  lacquered finish and can't be sanded or polished. The third picture shows the finished article mounted on the door

WP_20181105_09_56_14_Pro[1].jpg

WP_20181105_09_56_55_Pro[1].jpg

WP_20181105_10_02_46_Pro[1].jpg

• Like 1

It's great when people think outside the box,........and achieve great results ! Great job 👍