All Ford Day Sydney July 29th 2018

Rally Pack 2000

Weird how yours has both the bracket and the 3 pins? Crossover period maybe-or were the brackets fitted to the heater bubble first then heater bubble fitted after and its all they had on the production line? There seems to be lots of little oddities with our earlier Fords with regards to parts and dates of models etc. I think its just using what they had to hand at the time?

Yep mines 1972 which I’m led to believe was the year They all had the bowl bracket and then when AVO took some off the line for RS  models they added all the modifications inc the three washer pins and then in late 72 onwards they all used the other bottle but not the UK RS 1600 which had the cheese wedge type until the end of production , I’m fairly sure that’s the right information  but there’s always a surprise out there lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Xp197777 said:

Mines got the bracket for the other bottle as well that was normal over here , I haven’t seen a uk twin cam with that bracket arrangement around it also only cheesewedge on uk twin cams I think , I reckon your right it would have been a cheese wedge in 1970 and they were never white ford describe them as off white in other words dirty yellow lol . 

Does your car have the three little pegs sticking upright on the bulkhead for the cheese wedge to fit on like this pic of mine ?

notice the other bracket aswell

D13CB063-4D6E-4676-BEAF-C3E1E94FA5D7.thumb.jpeg.6875ae6e0bc3cd9e7a053d5b77cf8b12.jpeg

No mine doesn't have anything like those pegs. I have never seen them on an Australian car. (It should be noted that our shells were uniquely assembled not fully imported.) The rare cheese bottles I have seen fitted on Australian cars as been with self tapping screws. The majority seem to have the later bottle with strap but they are also later models than mine.

13 minutes ago, Xp197777 said:

So you have no evidence of the cheese wedge fixings ,do you have the slide on bracket then ?

Nope there is no evidence a washer bottle of any kind has ever been there. I have owned the car for over 25 years just getting around to this job now lol

Yours is an amazing Blue by the way, that's going to look terrific. You could even get away with the blue top cover shown in the brochure photo too although plain silver grey would look good too.

Thanks very much it’s monza blue original colour ,this picture is where I am now ,about a couple of months away I reckon ,lots of wiring to sought and interior to finish ,getting back to yours I reckon yours had a washer bottle on the passenger seat ( a very rare variation indeed ) lol ?

3FAF922B-7BB7-4951-9019-26C64A5C47F8.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Xp197777 said:

Thanks very much it’s monza blue original colour ,this picture is where I am now ,about a couple of months away I reckon ,lots of wiring to sought and interior to finish ,getting back to yours I reckon yours had a washer bottle on the passenger seat ( a very rare variation indeed ) lol ?

3FAF922B-7BB7-4951-9019-26C64A5C47F8.jpeg

That's just plain beautiful. Do you have a restoration thread going on that? If so Im sorry I missed it. Im sure many would love to see it progress although it looks like your almost there already.

On Wednesday, 1 August 2018 at 04:12, Xp197777 said:

Thanks very much it’s taken three plus years now , it took along time to source parts that I was  missing I wanted genuine no’s parts on everything I could which took time and money lol but yes nearly there now , hopefully lol

I would be curious to what the differences are between the cam covers, most I have seen have Ford written on top but yours says Cosworth. Is this a year model thing or a special one on yours?