Off my head ?

colr6

Thought I'd share this with you lot so you don't go down the same road !! Bought this a few years ago thought it might be worth a pun and hopefully make a few quid.....yeah right!  Long and short of it all from a quick turn around turned into a major rebuild. Full shell replacement / engine rebuild and paying for a holiday for the mg bits suppliers. Decided to try and get it finished to make a bit of room for poss another project and no it won't be another MG. remembered how much I hated working on these the first time round, glutton for punishment me  ! Anyway hopefully get it in for MOT next week even though it doesn't require one then move it on. If you like MGBs then it it will be a bloody good car for someone with very little tinkering left to do. My next project will be a FORD so don't eject me just yet for my Vauxhall and MG connections by the way still UP the Redtops ! Won't get me Zetec converted. A few pics for you snigger at ?

PS. Did manage to get a bit of Ford into it ! The cooling fan is a butchered transit connect fan fits and works very well at the cost of only £15

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, katana said:

Really ............................... COL 4 PAM ! ! !.........................MG underbonnet, much to shiney - needs oil leaks - marking its territory LOL!

You like that one don't you I can tell ? Lol

Nearly got Col & PAM but the deal on the new car was to good to miss so didn't get an 18 plate

• Haha 1

I loved MG Midgets. I swore I would own one some day. Saw a brilliant one at a dealership and checked my bank balance and proceeded to initiate a purchase. Dealer handed me the keys for a test drive and then I tried to get in it, and then a tried to get in it from a different angle, and then a third. Finally I had to hold my own knees up close to my chest to get my leg in. Dream shattered.

Very nice Col, one of my good mates had a white bgt and had it sorted back in the day when I had the Crapi, cool little motor. does your one have the overdrive?

Not long after that we both went 50/50 on an Interceptor that needed and fair amount of work, we just used to start it up and listen to the 7.2 v8...:mrgreen:

30 minutes ago, stephens_xpack said:

Very nice Col, one of my good mates had a white bgt and had it sorted back in the day when I had the Crapi, cool little motor. does your one have the overdrive?

Not long after that we both went 50/50 on an Interceptor that needed and fair amount of work, we just used to start it up and listen to the 7.2 v8...:mrgreen:

Yes does have that option, be trying it soon as it's not been on the road since 1980.