Gene B

My Mexicos Road to recovery

This is absolutely stunning! 

isnt it horrible sending them away for blasting though!? You do it for the best but waiting to see how much of the car comes back is awful! Definitely the best way to get a good end product though. 

Seeing the colour going on is a massive boost too, on my Capri it seemed like forever seeing rust and crap metal being chopped and replaced. It feels like it’ll never end! Then to see it in body colour you know it’s turned a corner and on the home straight.

great stuff!

Thanks again guys there's times in the build when it nearly breaks you,I thought about selling the car once in the welding stages it   never seemed to end and with all the days and nights in the shed going through endless boxes of parts nuts and bolts which needed the same attention.

But it's true the painting of the shell changes everything it gives you a lift that motivation and the first real smile of achievement.

The next stage the rebuild is pretty good especially when it's just down to me.It goes together as quick or slow as I can go there's no waiting around for others,just down to bolting on them nice shinny parts which could of been 2 years prior and it flys together.

I would say a lot of Patience is also needed.

Thanks again for the positive comments they really do make a difference ,just bringing the car back to life was all I was aiming to do.

How it's turned out is just a bonus to the car itself.

• Like 1

This is going to be another stunning car....
Crack on mate

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

With the shelves,dash clocks and seats fitted the Interior is pretty much complete just got to change the hazard switch over.

IMG_4180.JPG

IMG_4186.JPG

IMG_4189.JPG

IMG_4316.JPG

IMG_4317.JPG

IMG_4552.JPG

IMG_4554.JPG

IMG_4089.JPG

• Like 5

The Air filter was repaired by removing the bottom section and making a new piece,I can't take any credit for the welding as it was not me,I thought he done a great job and I was chuffed with the repair he made.I just prepped and painted it.Overall I'm happy with the finished result.

IMG_1022.JPG

IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_1527.JPG

IMG_1528.JPG

IMG_1529.JPG

IMG_1530.JPG

IMG_2955.JPG

IMG_2954.JPG

IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2952.JPG

IMG_2951.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

IMG_3020.JPG

IMG_3021.JPG

IMG_3022.JPG

IMG_3023.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

With the brake servo unit in and brake pipes connected more bits soon started going back on.

A few of the hardest to get parts were the nos Motorcraft battery and the delco remy alternator.

Adding the air filter and the radiator with just the finishing decals to go.

After cranking the engine over with the distributed cap off making sure the oil was getting up  it wasn't long before the cap was on and the first splutters and the engine breathed for the first time.

I really can say that it's probaly the most nerve racking bit apart from the the first test drive.

IMG_4492.JPG

IMG_4489.JPG

IMG_4491.JPG

IMG_4505.JPG

IMG_4530.JPG

IMG_4537.JPG

IMG_4538.JPG

IMG_4539.JPG

IMG_4557.JPG

• Like 4