chinkamon

Mk1 Tina gt manifold help

Hi all

I've fitted the gt inlet manifold to my mk1 an looking there's 2 pipe fittings that,

A. I haven't got and

B. I would like,

So does anyone know where I could get some? 

Thanks 

James 

Screenshot_20180920_065704.jpg

Hi, You can get these water unions from Burton, about £8 each I think.

You will also need a T piece as these run water via the heater and water pump top outlet

18 minutes ago, fiestachaser said:

Hi, You can get these water unions from Burton, about £8 each I think.

You will also need a T piece as these run water via the heater and water pump top outlet

Good point Stuart, water pump to T piece, T piece to heater and one side of manifold. Heater to tap on head and lastly manifold to front of head. Seem to think the thread size is 1/2" bsp

Yea lotuscops from buysellcortina has got 2 he's posting me, although they're saying that it doesn't increase performance / economy but is only to stop carb issues in the cold so I was thinking I could incorporate a bypass/ stop to shut it off in warmer months, would this be possible do u think? 

I wouldn't bother, you won't notice the difference to be honest. Just pipe in as it should be.

• Thanks 1

Tidy that's what I'll do then! Just had blap up the road in it, with the new carb and new larger bore exhaust which is pretty much straight pipe now an wow she shifts a bit better than with the original carb an exhaust on ❤️❤️

Make sure you fit a support bar from the top engine mount to block bolt  up bolted onto the bracket on the underside of the manifold.

If you don't have this the manifold sags and causes air leaks especially if your not using the G.T head with the collars which sit in the inlets.

• Thanks 1

I couldn't find one Stuart, don't know if it will show it in a workshop manual ?

On 25 September 2018 at 09:05, chinkamon said:

Googled it an had no luck and looked through my Haynes and autobook and can't see anything there? 

If you look over on BSC and the thread ' what pre crossflow ' in tech discussion, engine & trans 2015 think it's the second page there is a bare block and it shows the mounting rod your after.

Oh nothing too fancy then? 

Col I'm going to show my ignorance now but I've looked an I can't see that thread on bsc 😂

Yea..... I'll shut up now just found it...... The post next to mine, asking the same question an has a link in it to the thread you're talking about 😂

There should be a stud protruding about front centre below carb.

• Thanks 1

In your photo of the manifold theres a bracket behind the water union.

The other end is bolted nehind one of the engine mount bolts which attach to the block

• Thanks 1