Sign in to follow this  
inthis2getha

Water pump sorted....now heater has stopped!

Hey guys,
I posted my problems with a water pump swap the other day, thanks again for the help there, thats sorted but noticed my heater has stopped working, it was working fine before the swap, Ive checked fuses are ok, I did have a bit of coolant spray out the top hose on the heater matrix when bleeding but I had a plastic bag over the loom there, any advice would be much appreciated.
Car is 1972 Mk3 Cortina originally 1600 XL now 2L pinto

Thanks,

Ant

Not bled up properly.

Get it up to temp then take it for a run for 10 minutes with the blower fan on set on hot.

Should then warm up.

Keep an eye on your temp guage whist you do this though.

Let it cool down then check your water level again.

Rich

Hey Rich,

Thanks for the reply, pretty sure the matrix is ok mate, all pipes are hot once engines running, top and bottom of matrix pipes are hot, the heater itself is dead, before as soon as you turn the ignition on the heater fan would hum, as it’s always on in the car....but now nothing!

Cheers,

Ant

Check for a feed at the plug for the heater, normally two wire plug one should be live with ign on the other will be an earth. If you have a feed then check the earth if you have a multimeter with a buzzer on for continuity. Meter to earth wire the other wire from multimeter to earth on the car if earth ok it will buzz or bleep. If you have feed going to motor and an earth the motor or switch will be faulty. No feed to motor plug check fuses they sometimes get corroded a quick clean and see what happens. Out of curiosity have you lost all speeds on the motor or just low speed?

Sorry, i read it wrong.

Thought you had air in the matrix.

Ignore my last post :oops:

All speeds, nothing at all! I’m just trying to find my little multimeter (recently moved house!!!!) so I can do the tests you said.

Thanks a lot,

Ant