ford Corsair

Nick Heer

hi all i have been offered a ford corsair  2000E 

not an expert on it in any means  its based in Shannon 

i have  been supplied with pics  + video  and V5 details which all look correct 

and i have been told the car drives too and is in very good condition 

i need help on the bringing over bit and what price range should it be in 

and any additional costs that i would occur 

any info you need please PM me 

Regards 

Nick 

95166874-1c3b-4b17-818f-e52dd6e1ce82.jpg

dba912d5-b3bf-4706-9854-e19495a88235.jpg

d1963bbf-6756-4488-9080-11faff9e1412.jpg

50048fc6-61e1-4c0c-b94d-55ff951f28af.jpg

Certainly go and have a look before you buy! Cosairs are not well known for staying in one piece. Although it looks nice, the very very recent respray could be hiding a multitude of sins and filler. Looking at the pics as deltamal rightly points out the door bottoms look wrong. Also when you look at the strut tops have been plated and filled. Both shocker mounts are parting company. A magnet could be a good friend on this one. Maybe all negatives but beware cosairs as said are few and far between never mind good ones.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, colr6 said:

Certainly go and have a look before you buy! Cosairs are not well known for staying in one piece. Although it looks nice, the very very recent respray could be hiding a multitude of sins and filler. Looking at the pics as deltamal rightly points out the door bottoms look wrong. Also when you look at the strut tops have been plated and filled. Both shocker mounts are parting company. A magnet could be a good friend on this one. Maybe all negatives but beware cosairs as said are few and far between never mind good ones.

really!!! ive got 1 lol

I remember my Dad having a Corsair and me and my Brother sliding across the rear seats going around bends. 

Another time we were heading home, coming down the hill into the village and he used to floor it going over the cattle grid so we would bounce in the back. His face though when the hubcap overtook us going down the road. Then he sent us out to get it back. :-)

6 hours ago, dt36 said:

I remember my Dad having a Corsair and me and my Brother sliding across the rear seats going around bends. 

Another time we were heading home, coming down the hill into the village and he used to floor it going over the cattle grid so we would bounce in the back. His face though when the hubcap overtook us going down the road. Then he sent us out to get it back. :-)

Sending the kids out to retrieve the parts that had fallen off is really what being part of an old Ford family is all about. Cant do that with plastic.

• Haha 1

Yes check body work very carefully. Panels are scarce especially the front panel, wings and rear valance. These two in attached pic are mine. The blue one all the panels i got from Ireland at the time. I couldn't find a thing here in the UK apart from one sill. Some I got from Expressed- again expensive. The green one I've just bought some lower panels for too as this one is a rolling resto. Mechanically more or less identical to the Mk1 Cortina with a few subtle differences. As for value, they are on the up and decent ones are starting to fetch strong money. I would expect to pay at least 4k for for the one in OP pic, but like the others spotted, there does appear to be something going on with the drivers door bottom and the sill below it so check that out carefully. Not sure what is going on with the front left strut top cap cover either, is that starting to push through? cant quite make it out. Check inner wing strut areas very carefully. Check boot lid bottom edge too, hard to find decent boot lids. Another important area is the fuel tank. Prone to rotting out at the top where the boot mat sits, as water gets in the boot is soaked up by the mat and just rots the top out.

20170909_144052 (2).jpg

• Like 1