type 9...what fluid?

ratfink

75W 90 semi-synthetic :thumbsup:

NOT EP80, makes the shift stiff when cold, ford changed to the semi synthetic a few years after the 5ierra got the 5speed to cure the cold shift problem :)

You can use the EP lots of people do but i find most of them come back a few months later complaining about the crap shift :?

I run mine with EP80 in, mainly because I can scrounge it free from work :mrgreen:

It does change gear better when its warmed up but it isnt a bad change when its cold.

I imagine this is one of those questions where if you ask 5 different people then youll get 5 different opinions on whats best :?

I run mine with EP80 in, mainly because I can scrounge it free from work :mrgreen:

It does change gear better when its warmed up but it isnt a bad change when its cold.

I imagine this is one of those questions where if you ask 5 different people then youll get 5 different opinions on whats best :?

Yeah probably but one thing for sure...don't use beer! :lol:

Your right there :lol: i know people who swear by a 50/50 mix if EP90 and ATF for T9 behind a 24V.

Back in the late 80's i worked at a cab office, i used to service all the other drivers cars and i was forever draining ep out and putting SS in the 5 speeds when ford decided to admit there was a problem, it was a big problem over high milage, thats the thing with minicabs they show up all the weaknesses weekly :lol:

The boxes that lasted longest where the ones that had the semi Syn earlyest in their life, high millage boxes on EP had the worst shift.

I put over 100,000 miles on a T9 and a pinto in me old minicab tina using the SS (in the box) so i guess thats why i'm a bit of an avocate :oops::lol:

I still drive em daily so i allways come at it from the point of veiw of getting galactic millage (read tight) :lol: