My Other Mk1 Cortina. . . . .with pics

DSC00213-1.jpg

Bit of Porting

Forgot to add this on on my phone. . .

can use this a before picture, even though there has been loads done As wayne will be working a bit of his magic on the head, before i put it back together

• 7 months later...

DSC00422-1.jpg

DSC00428.jpg

DSC00432.jpg

DSC00431.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

DSC00429.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

DSC00424.jpg

Well I have another Pre air flow Mk1 Cortina, And cant wait to have a cortina on the road....

Needs floor inner wings sorting and inner and outer sill..

But its complete and all the bits are there. And has a nice 3 letter 3 number plate.

Got some new wilwood brakes and disks to fit the new 13" wheels (7 x 13 Superlight split rims). ADJ TCA`s and top mounts, Narrowed Atlas LSD. All new Gaz golds.

and it will be home to my Mountune engine dry sumped YB N/A on DTA and 45mm Jenveys.

Will have a full cage made for it, 4 Linked Just need some seats harnesses and gearbox and to win the lottery to pay for it all!!

So after months of pain and waiting its onwards and upwards ...and make 1 solid trackday car out the 2 i now own...

Another Cortina to hit the roads again soon and put that smile on my face that i have been missing :wink:

I edited a few pictures as i realised there was the address of where the car is and i dont want this one to go missing!!

I edited a few pictures as i realised there was the address of where the car is and i dont want this one to go missing!!

No news of your old one then? Did the insurance pay out ok?

No news is bad news to be honest, they made me an offer and told them i had an agreed value ect long winded but hoping to have it sorted soon :wink:

No news of your old one then? Did the insurance pay out ok?

No news is bad news to be honest, they made me an offer and told them i had an agreed value ect long winded but hoping to have it sorted soon :wink:

I don't get it, how can they make you an offer if you had an agreed value policy? Do explain as that may be something we all need to watch out for :(

So glad you have bounced back after the theft of your other one. It looks similar to my recent acquisition!

N/A Cosworth would be my choice for 200BHP Plus too. :thumbsup:

Good luck with it, you deserve it.

So glad you have bounced back after the theft of your other one. It looks similar to my recent acquisition!

N/A Cosworth would be my choice for 200BHP Plus too. :thumbsup:

Good luck with it, you deserve it.

CheeRs Darren, Whats is the plans with your one mate?

• 2 weeks later...

Well had a delivery of these by UPS...2 boxes with 2 wheels in each.

Excellent service by Midland wheels next day delivery

And these will be wrapped in Toyo R888`s Will get some more pictures up of the collection i now have of lovely new bits

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00446.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

Nice one mate going to look hard as nails ,

Just small subject change i will have another Mk1 shell for sale real soon , will get some details up in for sale section real soon , and it aint my one :mrgreen: