Gary Glitter

Vista

Well, something has to be done with the sick bastard. And all the others for that matter.

you cant kill 'em, so what can you do? What is a sensible solution? Ship them off to an island in the middle of nowhere?

i am not sure exaclty what he did, was he found guilty of actually abusing children or di he have pics on his computer or something?

I say use them for medical experiments. At least it may be something usefull.

:lol: Ok, we've had lots of imaginative suggestions about what we wish we had the freedom to do, how about some realistic alternatives?

Incidentally, omj624p was right earlier when he said

I kind of feel this debate really isnt about Gary Glitter.

It is about (for any crime) having served your punishment, shouldnt you be a free person?

Ok, in this case the punishment should have been more severe. Lets suppose for arguement sake it was more severe (he served 20 years and was castrated) should he be left alone and accepted back then?

My point is that once someone has been punished for their crime whether or not we consider the punishment was severe enough, that person has to get on with their life. That doesn't mean he's forgiven or that he should be allowed a normal life but what do we do? He's going to end up back here whether we like it or not.

I dont think its a matter of whether they have done the time for the crime its about whether they are ready and safe to be put back in society. what have the vietmanese authoritys done to correct his ways........ I would say nothing but a pretty shitty prison enviroment. Has this stopped him from wanting to do this horrid crime well i doubt it very much as the prison system here did'nt work. Thats twice now hes been caught and supposedly rehibilitated.

So what to do with him...... I would ask the kiddy fiddler himself what we should do eg if he needs castrating and make it that if it happens again he will be HUNG in the gallows at pompey docks.

I actually thought he'd been executed a while back when he got convicted as he kinda disapeared. Clearly not.

With respect to the argument though, in the case of some crimes such as theft etc, if the person who committed the crime is actually re habilitated then they should be allowed to re enter society and get on with their lives. If they re offended and were caught then something more servere should be done. In the case of things as serious as paedophilia, murder etc then this shouldn't be the case. A one strike and you're out kind of affair, from what I gather from the thread Glitter has been caught and convicted twice? (correct me if I'm wrong) If thats the case he's proved he cant/isn't going to adjust to normal life in civilisation again so shouldn't be given teh chance to go out and commit this sick and disgusting crime again. (sorry for the long response :oops: )

Paedophillia is something that you cannot treat or cure!

I really do feel that we should be treating offenders, muderer and rapists differently to those who shoplifted ect.

I do like the idea of cutting off his royalties

and giving the money to families effected by people like him or to charities.

Ok, so he has "served his time", but was it really enough...is it ever enough?

I'm not a fan of children and many people know that I certainly don't want kids-

however I do not condone the abuse that they suffer at the hands of these perverts!!!

I do believe that there should be tougher sentences for these people.

I don't feel that they should be able to slip back into society

-they've ruined lives, so why should they now live a "normal life"?

Their victims certainly won't be living a normal life after suffering at the hands of these monsters!

I'm not a fan of children and many people know that I certainly don't want kids-

however I do not condone the abuse that they suffer at the hands of these perverts!!!

served his time, yes scarer, but anyone who knows the prison system will tell you that nonces are all put onto a rule 43 that means they are put in a wing out of population and serve their time with other nonces, their exercise is seperate from population with other nonces, they dont even eat in population, they have their own visiting room and all of this is with other nonces.

how can a nonce rehabilatate when he serves his time with other nonces im not saying that they should be put in to population because they wouldnt last 5 mins in it but the system has to do more than they do

I personally think anyone dna linked to peadophilia or rape without a shadow of a doubt should be put to death, they are the purest form of scum of the earth

Put them all to death, I know i would if i caught one, makes me sick to the stomach

You know all this death sentence malarky? (im for it by the way). You know all of these 'human rights' benders who say 'oooo what if they get the wrong person etc etc'. For once theyre right. Death sentence is quite a firm punishment, especially if theyve got the wrong person, which they seem to do quite often on high profile murder charges (i can think of 3 straight off my head).

Why dont they introduce a second strike and your out (literally) policy. Of course keep the current system, dont let them out too early. Serve their time etc. If they are ever released and commit again, game over. We know we havnt gotten an innocent person. A points system should be introduced similar to a driving license. If you commit enough bad crimes (rape murder arson being welsh :wink: etc) then you should be lined up and shot. If someone rapes then kills someone theyd probably only serve half a life sentence, but if they where both worth 6 points then theyd be dead. Crimes in other countries would be considered, therefore glitter the fiddler would be shot on sight, the moment he stepped out of that plane.

Or does a system like that make too much sense and may possibly work, so the government wouldnt even consider it because they are utter two faced lieing scum bastards who are only interested in making sure the prisons dont get too crowded and that their second homes are paid for?

As i Dj ,im now bound not to play his music by the fact that people dont want to hear him singing as the crime he stands for has seen to that .

I really cant understand to press on this one ,i dont want him in GB but all this fuss over a 70s popstar whos been banged up and served his crime .

Yes i think he should be tagged etc ,but its hardly news ,we know his crime and hes been to jail ,hes only going to make more money from selling his story !

I really do feel that we should be treating offenders, muderer and rapists differently to those who shoplifted ect.

Their victims certainly won't be living a normal life after suffering at the hands of these monsters!

I 100% agree with 100% of this (I don't want kids either). If paedophiles are allowed to live, they should be castrated. You can no more cure a paedophile of there preference for children than you can cure a heterosexual of interest in the adult opposite sex. It's a sick and tragic (for the victims) preference, but a preference no less. So the least you can do about it is to cut off the interest, literally. Forget chemical castration, it's reversible and if the sicko stops taking the medication or turning up for injections they and their victims are back to square one.

But who would buy them? :?

He gets royalties from air time his songs are given on the radio, apparently his recent history is less well known abroad and his songs are still played on the radio in many countries.

But who would buy them? :?

He gets royalties from air time his songs are given on the radio, apparently his recent history is less well known abroad and his songs are still played on the radio in many countries.

Not those royalties! :wink:

I 100% agree with 100% of this (I don't want kids either). If paedophiles are allowed to live, they should be castrated. You can no more cure a paedophile of there preference for children than you can cure a heterosexual of interest in the adult opposite sex. It's a sick and tragic (for the victims) preference, but a preference no less. So the least you can do about it is to cut off the interest, literally. Forget chemical castration, it's reversible and if the sicko stops taking the medication or turning up for injections they and their victims are back to square one.

if hetrosexual was illegal, i probably would have strayed! so, therefore, should i be killed? would you be killed? i'd rather be castrated than die!! think!!!! i don't choose to find women attractive...i have no choice!!!

if hetrosexual was illegal, i probably would have strayed! so, therefore, should i be killed? would you be killed? i'd rather be castrated than die!! think!!!! i don't choose to find women attractive...i have no choice!!!

Exactly, paedophiles don't really have a choice either. The big difference being they don't have partners, they have victims. What happens between two adults should not be a matter for the courts, but when it involves a child it's another thing altogether.

Chemical castration is not a good option either, as it's not permanent.

Interesting discussion.

Not too sure what he got done for exactly as i´m a bit far away over here..

There are crimes that just can´t be ignored, even if they´ve done time for it. I mean rob a bank, dodge your taxes whatever, get caught, do your time - done....but if he´s been playing around with kids then he deserves everything he gets (and some).

These low life should be made to suffer their whole life...just like their victims!!

as i said earlier on in this thread chemical castration

I'm sure there was a documentary on telly a few years ago where a paedo wanted to be castrated as he wanted the desire to go away, and said he couldn't trust himself, so something along these lines seems sensible. :thumbsup:

Giraldo Rivera - "What makes a knifer knife, or the shooter shoot?"

Charles Manson - "Society, the reflections of a child!"

Giraldo Rivera - "what about the responsibility of the person doing it?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzIM4GGS1pI

4:05 into the video, not entirely relevant to the arguement & basically the babbling of a madman but an interesting point.