paint blistering?

glenbo

It could be filler under the paint, sometimes moisture gets between the filler and the paint resulting in it seperating, try sticking a pin it one of the blisters and see if water comes out of it , if it does then it is most likely filler and not rust.

• 3 weeks later...
ok cheers for that i will give it a go :thumbsup:

What have you done at last. My car was painted in the summer and now i noticed very very small bublles in the middle of the two doors and also on the boot lid (boot lid is new) The doors had no rust at all before restoration in that point. The car is dry stored.

What are these bublles? :(

no matter how hard you try a home restored car is always gonna get a bit of damp in it somewhere.

the only way to prevent this properly is the expensive chemical dipping have all your welding done and have the lot galvanised before painting in a proper oven.

Unfortunately boys and girls if it is microblistering the only way to get rid of it is to take the affected area back to bare metal, prep and respray. It is usually caused by moisture trapped under the paint, it's a pain in the arse but unfortunately does happen sometimes if the car isn't prepped properly before being painted

Unfortunately boys and girls if it is microblistering the only way to get rid of it is to take the affected area back to bare metal, prep and respray. It is usually caused by moisture trapped under the paint, it's a pain in the arse but unfortunately does happen sometimes if the car isn't prepped properly before being painted

Hi

Can this happened from moisture in my garage?

I shouldn't do - the only time it may moisture may cause problems is if you cover your car right after its been painted, because the paint does take quite a while to cure properly, even after its been baked. The cover can make the car sweat and this can cause problems. We always reccommend leaving a freshly painted car uncovered for at leat 3 months to make sure the paint is properly cured