speed boats........i have bought one

Mr Sam

here is why im after a boat type forum

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

'i see no ships, i see no ships'

spurr of the moment ebay buy but it was local and a good price 8) just need aengines a few fittings and a little bit of welding on the trailer

still not done much apart from clean it and strip it out, keep looking at engines do i go for something average so i can potter about on inland waterways or something huge for water ski'ing on the open sea :mrgreen:

DSC_0198.jpg

really thinking about selling the anglia to go towards a big motor :oops:

13_fletcher_mercury65_1.jpg

81_3.jpg

thats what it should of looked like back in the late 70's / early 80's so its old skool :ykt: (note the seat in that pic, i reccon the seats out my beige fezza would look spot on :mrgreen:

Fez06.jpg

I'm sure Vista may have an idea. :thumbsup:

I've heard he's a bit of an old salty sea dog :wink: Although he prefers to mess about with big old tubs :wink:

:lol: You're right mate, there are lots of superyacht forums but I don't know of any for small boats and RIBS.

Oh and Sam, re this statement, sorry to burst your bubble mate but that boats too small for a big motor, I wouldn't put much more than a 40hp on it.

really thinking about selling the anglia to go towards a big motor :oops:

242445319a9210484843l.jpg

theres one with a few more than 40 horses :mrgreen: theres a few vids of one with 115hp :shock:

i think it needs a crossflow :twisted::mrgreen:

What makes you think that's got more than 40hp? I can't make out the engine size but it doesn't look big. It won't take much to make a tiny lightweight boat with one occupant to plane like it is in that pic.

it said so where i nicked the pic from :oops:

242445319a9066757157l.jpg

i think the spec is there designed for anything around 25hp and i reccon the big power ones must have some form of strengthening to the transform

it's not just the power of the engine though it's the weight of it. A little boat with a huge engine would sit heavily down by the stern and would risk being swamped in any kind of following sea.

Is it a fletcher that you've bought and if so how long is it?

There's a fletcher forum here

http://fletcher-boats.co.uk/owners_club.asp

yeah mines a 13 foot fletcher arrow(sport) ??? still not quite sure on the model

the link doesnt work :sad: if its the one on the fletcher boats site its very dead no one posting. i set off to fletcher for a catalogue expecting spares catalogue but all i got was a brosure of the boats they do now. the updated version of mine with 60hp engine is £10k :shock::shock:

yeah mines a 13 foot fletcher arrow(sport) ??? still not quite sure on the model

the link doesnt work :sad: if its the one on the fletcher boats site its very dead no one posting. i set off to fletcher for a catalogue expecting spares catalogue but all i got was a brosure of the boats they do now. the updated version of mine with 60hp engine is £10k :shock::shock:

Strange, link works for me but yes it probably is the forum you're talking about and it does seem pretty dead.

Oh and btw it's a transom not a transform, they'll all be chuckling at that on that forum you're on. :lol:

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?p=2021594