Vista

Mk2 Van project - Engine apart again on Page 44!

I wasn't really serious about the AC, mk1 window is good enough for me.

Fit electric windows then at least it's touch button mk1 ac

Fit electric windows then at least it's touch button mk1 ac

I have been considering that anyway as the cage door bars foul the window winder handles. The off side handle I have cut down but the near side will only open half a turn when the door is shut.

Nothing new going to happen on it for a while anyway given the recent unexpected expense.

Suppose that's quite novel opening the passenger door at 100mph to wind the window down! How to scare a passenger!

• Like 2

Suppose that's quite novel opening the passenger door at 100mph to wind the window down! How to scare a passenger!

I can't say anyone has ever tried it.

Everything all ok with the new cylinder head I hope now Scott , did you let the engine builder know of grief you had or decide not worth the trouble ?

It's all back together Ian but it isn't running right, not really sure why as everything should be the same but for a slight drop in the compression ratio (Virgin unskimmed head). The boost isn't coming in when it did and isn't progressive like it used to be, it holds back a bit till the boost comes in at about 3000rpm.

Engine builder? He went bust last year and isn't seen around these parts anymore. Besides, he built it in 2012 so all bets would be off now anyway.

Well hopefully this is the end of any major problems with the van , as for compression ratio could make a difference as amount of boost put into engine with regard to how much ignition it can take before it starts pinking and causing damage , so may need an adjustment to allow for the difference, trouble is its a long trip for you but you know who's the man for these :-)

Well hopefully this is the end of any major problems with the van , as for compression ratio could make a difference as amount of boost put into engine with regard to how much ignition it can take before it starts pinking and causing damage , so may need an adjustment to allow for the difference, trouble is its a long trip for you but you know who's the man for these :-)

If the compression ratio were raised over what it was I'd agree, but by fitting an unskimmed virgin head, it's got to be lower. 

Agree and know who you mean and have already spoken to him and provisionally booked it in.........but it's a 5 hour drive and I can't help but think it's something simple (like timing) that I should be able to get resolved locally.

Wow, I haven't posted on this thread since 2015. Nor, it occurs to me, did I ever post up some nice finished shots! Belatedly time to rectify that! Many of you will have seen it in the flesh now though.

Black interiors are so last century, to be cool these days, it has to be brown ?

_MG_5933a.jpg

_MG_5917a.jpg

_MG_5922a.jpg

_MG_5976a.jpg

_MG_6001a.jpg

_MG_6017a.jpg

_MG_6026a.jpg

_MG_6031a.jpg

_MG_6035a.jpg

_MG_6069a.jpg

_MG_6049a.jpg

_MG_6088a.jpg

_MG_6100a.jpg

_MG_6110.JPG

• Like 2

I wasnt expecting the ignition on the left so when i glimpsed the interior photo I thought what the .... is that. It gave me a fright wondering what it was!

2 minutes ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

I wasnt expecting the ignition on the left so when i glimpsed the interior photo I thought what the .... is that. It gave me a fright wondering what it was!

Had to move it as the power steering motor is over on the right and fouls where the ignition would normally be.

Stunning build. 

Those  Cobra Le Mans look a really good fit and the shape and style keeps with the period. 

Are the headreasts removable? 

• Thanks 1

Seen pics before but not in the flesh.... need to start reading this from the begining!
Gotta love a van

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dt36 said:

Stunning build. 

Those  Cobra Le Mans look a really good fit and the shape and style keeps with the period. 

Are the headreasts removable? 

I think so (re removable) but I have never tried so not 100% on that. 

• Like 1