Sign in to follow this  
Deano1351

Anyone used a bestek electronic ignition

Iv just bought this ignition kit off e-bay for my x-flow, car was running fine before and when i fitted it, nothing, no spark or anything, checked all the wiring, looked good. Eventually run out of time so gave up and put my old points dizzy and coil back on and guess what, nothing, no spark, nothing, engine turns but no fire, has anyone had or know anything about this problem :?:

I'm using Bestek ignition on my x-flow and its perfect, can't fault it.

Fezza from this site used Bestek ignition on his x-flow also and both cars are spot on.

i used it on my mk1 xr2 engine, drove bout a mile then the car cut out. wouldnt start so had to tow it home. turned out to be the amp that blew. the guy swapped it no questions asked. ended up using a points dizzy and worked fine so never refitted the bestek one.

Alex

Just so everyone knows it was my fault the ignition didnt work, i had to change the coil feed to a non ballasted 12volt feed. In my infinite knowledge i connected it to an ignition live that cut out with the key in start position, so once i had sussed this out and set it up properly i turned the key and started fine, so i have no problems with the Bestek kit and all is good :lol::lol::lol:

?When fitting a bestek electronic ignition should you fit resisted spark plugs ? or will standard plugs be ok 

I'm running NGK AP6FS 

Had to bypass the ballast resistor though.