horror stories ?

i had to have my car ticking over at 1200 rpm to stop it shaking too much, there is a nasty rattle coming from it, poss gearbox hitting tunnel or something,

last 20 miles home it was looking like we was gonan have to stop, car was shuddering and spluttering but it got me back, not bad for a car i rush to get MOT'd after an engine change and had only done 14 miles on new engine before setting out on sunday morn.

also me temp guage doesn't work so don't know if it got too hot or not, but i dont have a thermostat in it.

Broke down on the m25 from a40 on the way up, luckily i had my mate in his Big iveco van. funny thing its got no tow point so strapped it round the rear step :shock: was bout 6 feet from the back of the van. went home fixed car got to the pod for 8, should of been there at 3. Had a great time tho, almost threw in the towl when it broke (spent 3 solid days getting it ready in time 4the pod) but glad i didnt.

Broke down on the m25 from a40 on the way up, luckily i had my mate in his Big iveco van. funny thing its got no tow point so strapped it round the rear step :shock: was bout 6 feet from the back of the van. went home fixed car got to the pod for 8, should of been there at 3. Had a great time tho, almost threw in the towl when it broke (spent 3 solid days getting it ready in time 4the pod) but glad i didnt.

Are you on IFS or a beam? If you have a beam up front, tow off that, of if you have leaf springs up front, tow off that. You are Bangar of BSC with a Mk2 right?

Guess my probs were insignificant compared to that poor guy with the mexi .... not ashamed to say i think i would have to shed a few tears if it was mine !!! sure everyone as i do must really feel for him ! ... think i might invest in a fire extinguisher .

I feel so rough for that guy with his mk1. the toys would go flying out the pram in that situation. Im gonna go home and check my fire extinguisher. Also whats the best thing to do if you get an engine fire? Heard a rumour that opening the bonnet is a bad idea?

opening the bonnet give the fire a big rush of oxygen and it will go up even quicker.

Ive heard the best thign to do is pop the catch the bonnet catch and aim the extinguisher through the gap

On my way home before I got to the M1 I dropped mine from 5th to 4th and heard a loud BANG from the engine bay, I carried on for a bit but noticed I'd lost boost so pulled over and it seems one of the hoses had come off the turbo housing. Took me about 5mins to re-connect it all up but it was bloody hot under that bonnet. Was fine after that, think I will invest in better clamps than just the standard jubilee type ones.

Convoy on the way there. 5 freakin hours, max at 65mph. :sad: (apart from the compulsory racing start out of the M6 toll booths :twisted: )

2 hours 10 minutes to get home 80+mph, one fuel stop for no more than a nano second rather than well over an hour.

From now on I will only ever convoy with someone who can/wants to keep up.

Developed a massive misfire on the way there, thought I'd done the head gasket. I had to wait until 7 o'clock for a recovery truck that refused to take my car back to norfolk. :evil:

Ended up going home in a hired 1.0ltr Hyundai Getz that took 20mins to reach 60mph :oops: Got my car delivered back monday to discover I'd dropped 2 followers. No damage done though, all sorted now :lol:

glad it were`nt as bad as you thought super and glad you got home in the end

so why wouldnt the recovery take you back?

Dont think the recovery guy wanted to work late. Could have got a lift but I would have had to wait till at least 9 o'clock before the truck turned up. That wouldn't please the mrs :lol:

Are you on IFS or a beam? If you have a beam up front, tow off that, of if you have leaf springs up front, tow off that. You are Bangar of BSC with a Mk2 right?

Hello Fred yep its me lol, i just towed on the arb next to the mount had no choice really, strange thing it helped with the car pulling to the right !

p.s saw the van at the pod but no sign of you mate to say hello

Okay check it out....

Me.... Starter motor died first thing in the morning all weekend had to bump start the car and it kept dying even in tolls on way back.

Sarah.... Brakes locked up again had to tow it home and then it nearly cought fire.

Pelvins.... Spark plug went on way, turbo went on way back.

Mitch.... Overheated, spring a leak in rad, ran out of petrol at gate and slow puncher all the way back.

Grizz.... Left to get head start and lost all oil on way back snapped a belt.

Wanted to leave at 9am to do a two hour trip got there at 3pm, on way home left at 6pm got home at 10.30pm!

After a mare of a weekend forgetting half are camping gear setting my leg on fire blowing my engine 45 miles from home i think iv used up all my bad luck.iv got my new engine on the way,should be here early next

week.hopfully back on the road next weekend.