F1 back at Silverstone for the next 17 years ...

Mk2Jo

Some of the pldies on here may remember the British GP used to alternate between Brands Hatch and Silverstone each year, unfortunatly Eccelstone and his cronies made a deal behind the management of Brands and did the deal with Silverstone, can you imagine how much better the facilities at brands would be if it had stayed the same alternating year set-up.

Some of the pldies on here may remember the British GP used to alternate between Brands Hatch and Silverstone each year, unfortunatly Eccelstone and his cronies made a deal behind the management of Brands and did the deal with Silverstone, can you imagine how much better the facilities at brands would be if it had stayed the same alternating year set-up.

Although Brands could have lost some of its 'character', a bit like Silverstone.

The trouble is silverstone curcuit is a dump and falling down. Look at all the other countries that enter and we have the worse curcuit of the year so embarrassed to watch. :sad:

I think the BRDC have been saying for some time that if they could secure a long-term F1 commitment, then they would be able to raise investment to invest into the circuit to bring it up to spec. I would imagine that was part of any deal that Bernie struck. So let's see what happens.

That said, it will never compare to the new tracks, but then we haven't got government millions being poured in as part of a showcase for the country's emerging economy.

liking new sig trev by the way :thumbsup:

thanks, had it a while cant remember who did it.

i wanted silverstone to have the F1 all along as i prefer to watch MotoGP but they have got that aswell as Donington peeps decided to stuff all eggs into the one big basket and forgot about the biggest race event they have held there in the last few years :roll::evil: