R.I.P Heather.....

X-pack-Glyn

poor fish caught and chucked back an estimated 1000 times :shock:

no, not "chucked back", carefully placed back, the fish cought are monitored for wieght, signs of disease and damage every time theyre cought.. any wounds are treated with an antiseptic treatment, you will find carp anglers are the most caring out of all anglers with the fish they catch... in fact i think we are about the only anglers to use dedicated (and expensive) padded unhooking mats and treatments... so no, it wasnt dragged un the bank, left to thrash about on the stones then slung back.

to be fair though Sam i think the suns got that a bit wrong, she was fished for every day, but rarely came out maybe 2-3 times a year... at 54 years old was prob cought about 120 times?

poor fish caught and chucked back an estimated 1000 times :shock:

no, not "chucked back", carefully placed back, the fish cought are monitored for wieght, signs of disease and damage every time theyre cought.. any wounds are treated with an antiseptic treatment, you will find carp anglers are the most caring out of all anglers with the fish they catch... in fact i think we are about the only anglers to use dedicated (and expensive) padded unhooking mats and treatments... so no, it wasnt dragged un the bank, left to thrash about on the stones then slung back.

to be fair though Sam i think the suns got that a bit wrong, she was fished for every day, but rarely came out maybe 2-3 times a year... at 54 years old was prob cought about 120 times?

well said that man

I don't mind fishing, I often go shooting and I like the outdoors.

I often think though what it would be like swinging from a bit of 'line' with a hook through my mouth...

Just a thought though, I know nothing about fishing.

J

Maybe it's because I don't get angling, but I can't see how pulling a fish out of it's environment by it's lip can be in any way caring. No matter how carefully you look after it over the short time before putting it back, it's going to be stressed. .

If carp were hanging about by the water's edge with a noose or harpoon and dragging random people into the water I bet they wouldn't be best pleased, no matter how good the fish were to them before letting them get out of the water!

Can't help thinking no matter how old this carp was when she went, she would have got a bit older without being periodically taken out of the water.....

to catch a sea bass,salt water wash it and cook it on a barby when your camping only 15mins after catching it is what fishing is all about.you cant beat it when your under the stars all night.

Now that I can relate to. If you are gonna catch it, at least do the decent thing and eat it. If you don't want to eat it, don't even go fishing in the first place.