Cutting a 2.8 Mk.3 dash panel for modern stereo!!

Dazzler 666

Oh dont worry will take me time!!! Did bid for a pre-cut dash but lost out! :( .

Reall stupid I kno but I assume a hacksaw with a fine blade would be best? Or any other suggestions? Really dont want to screw this up and I have no luck wotsoever! lol.

Thanks for the posts lads & take it easy! :thumbsup:8)

if you have a sterio where the facia comes off, take that off and draw around it.

then cut it up with a hacksaw gently. until the facia JUST fits in, then if you have a file you can go fancy and cut around the edges,

just take them both out of the car and just hack away.

a file is good to square off things and make sure cutlines are smooth :) so just happily hack away lol

Cheers VC. Yea av got teh dash panel out, the whole dash has been removed as getting teh dials fixed, fitting dial kit, change bulbs, etc hence my though as whilst it's all out to fit a new radio rather than take it all out again!

Okay bud, will just GENTLY hack away! lol. easier said than done with my sausage fingers but will have a go! Anyway, you will know how it went as if goes bad will post looking for a new dash panel! lmao :lol:

Thanks again fella :thumbsup:

Not that I know off! lol. There was one cut and one uncut on e-bay yesterday and there is an uncut panel on e-bay at the moment. So unless there has been a sudden influx of them, tho typically, if I need one they will dry up! lol.

Anyway, i need to cut it to fit new stereo as my old Ford one simply wont do ... only because I dont own any audio tapes and the aeriel has been removed so all in all, it wont do me much good! :lol:

Or you could leave the orignal stereo in position, and mount the new one somewhere else, a few years ago a mate and I mounted the stereo in his triumph in a door pocket, which we had to add first, was a little bit of a fiddle but when it was finished all the controls were to hand and easily operable.

also while i have photobucket up...

mine

my way of mounting the sterio in the hole ;) simple and has caused no problems yet!

IMAG0285.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

ignore the random white wire, it was only there so i didnt loose it!

Simply 4 screws and correct sized washers pinch the radio cage against the facia panel hole, simples!

Then to remove the radio you can remove it using them fork things to pull it out of the cage whilst leaving the facia panel on