Old pics of yourself

over_head_cam

I had a 1980 Opel Kadett 1300SR. I bought it with the Cam worn out at 18 months old. I rebuilt the engine with a high compression Modded head Kent Cam and twin 40 dcoe webers. 

I sold the car with out the head carbs cam, to another mechanic I knew.

The same 38 year old Weber 40 dcoes , that I kept in the barn , are now on my Cortina.😁 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/12/2020 at 22:26, Johnny Boy said:

I had a 1980 Opel Kadett 1300SR. I bought it with the Cam worn out at 18 months old. I rebuilt the engine with a high compression Modded head Kent Cam and twin 40 dcoe webers. 

I sold the car with out the head carbs cam, to another mechanic I knew.

The same 38 year old Weber 40 dcoes , that I kept in the barn , are now on my Cortina.😁 

What do ya know, I found an old pic of the Opel.

Extra points for the make and model of my other car at the time, on the drive.

Not the fiesta 😁

IMG_20201227_161937~2.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

My more door circa Jan 1977, after we’d crowbarred  the drivers door off the steering wheel. A Bristol Double Decker on snow is not a thing to tangle with. Fortunately only cashflow got hurt, It was a seamed shell and I was wearing a safety belt.

thumbnail_IMG_3571.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, colr6 said:

The old Twink looks tidy there RP.

Yes it had scrubbed up well that day. To be fair because we don't have Mexicos or Mk1 RS2000s (apart from a limited batch of 25 for racing) the Mk1 category can be a bit thin on entries. It would never even get a placing in a British event I dont think.

2 hours ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Yes it had scrubbed up well that day. To be fair because we don't have Mexicos or Mk1 RS2000s (apart from a limited batch of 25 for racing) the Mk1 category can be a bit thin on entries. It would never even get a placing in a British event I dont think.

lol, thats what nick does, go to a show where he knows he will be the only one there so he can win the trophy 

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...