Confused's Long-Term Anglia Project

Confused

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In Episode 22, I finish off the brake/clutch systems, and start to make plans about modifying the cooling system.

In Episode 23, I need to make some new engine mounts to free up space to relocate the radiator.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted latest videos for a while (in case anyone here isn't yet subscribed on YouTube!)

In this set of videos I make changes to the engine cooling and inlet air cooling systems.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/11/2020 at 13:06, Confused said:

Whoops, forgot to post up the next videos!

In Episode 20, I find out what I've broken with all the wiring changes:

And in Episode 21, I see whether the car will start!

I was as happy as you when it actually started, been there many times myself.

We  done on the work and making the videos.

• Like 1

Thanks @sierra1off! Filming definitely does make the job take longer, getting camera angles, lighting etc right, plus re-recording segments because I realised I was talking rubbish! (Well, even more rubbish than what I left in the final edit!)

Time for the next episode though, and in a bit of a change of pace, I try to cross a few outstanding tasks off my white board full of outstanding tasks!

• Like 1

How you going to fill the chargecooler system if the filler is lower than the chargecooler ?

I would fit a fill plug in the very top of the chargecooler and fill with a small funnel

Also fit a fan in front of the cooler radiator that runs with the pump, this will cool it whilst stationary or moving slow and stop heat soak from the engine radiator

Edited by sierra1off
edit

The chargecooler on the top of the engine has always been the highest point - I've always just used the pump to push air out of the system, which seems to have worked and the chargecooler itself always appears full of water when I've checked!

In this configuration, I'll finally have enough flex on the hoses to actually place it lower than the reservoir!!

The engine fans are controlled by the ECU via a solid state relay, and I've already programmed it to always be running at a slow speed when road speed is low.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've spent most of the time between last episode and this working on redoing the radiator modifications. So in the absence of anything else, here's a slightly shorter video with an update of where I've got to.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This time round, I investigate what is going on with the clutch, after finding last time that it wasn't quite working right. Will I need to remove the engine *again* to sort it out?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Confused said:

This time round, I investigate what is going on with the clutch, after finding last time that it wasn't quite working right. Will I need to remove the engine *again* to sort it out?

How many times have you had that engine in and out now?

• 2 weeks later...

In this episode, after the success of getting an MOT test and the car being road legal again, and the sadness of a burnt out coilpack connector and suspected failing engine, I fix the coilpack connector, and begin troubleshooting where that horrible knocking clunky noise is coming from.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In episode 33, I replace the banana-shaped driveshafts, and further investigate the horrible knocking noise coming from the engine.

I've done something a little different this time - an unedited "first person" segment - please let me know if you like it, and would like to see this kind of thing again!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Confused said:

In episode 33, I replace the banana-shaped driveshafts, and further investigate the horrible knocking noise coming from the engine.

I've done something a little different this time - an unedited "first person" segment - please let me know if you like it, and would like to see this kind of thing again!

I'll take a look tomorrow morning. First day back in gym, so I'll watch it on static bike. 

Was going to go outdoors for a ride, but lashing it down here again, today and tomorrow. 

• 2 weeks later...

Weather over last couple of weeks has been terrible here, too, dt36!

There's finally a break in the weather long enough for me to get the car out for a test drive in the Anglia! But.... it's never that simple, is it?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got lots of stuff going on around the house and garden, so not quite as much time to work on the Anglia - however, I did get the exhausts fitted back up, fiddled off-camera a little with the Oxygen sensor display thingy I've been building, and managed to get out for a bit of a test drive & start the road tuning.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...