Sign in to follow this  
PaulMags

Classic insurance

does anybody know what the minimum age has to be to qualify for this sceme?my mate has a mk2 mooredoor all specked up with a red top in wants to put it back on the road after being laid up for a couple of years and his normal broker wants £1700 .he's just turned 25 so i'm guessing he should be able to qualify for classic ins now? :thumbsup:

I'm prepubescent, managed to get classic 2nd car insurance through Adrian Flux at 22. Limited to 1500 miles though.

Hi I have just got Insurance with Footman James, apart from the usual questions regarding offenses etc, as long as I or my other drivers were over 25 with clean licenses they were put on for free (changes later incurred an admin fee of £20). You had to belong to a car club though for the cheaper price - Old Skool Ford unfortunately is not one of them. There are a few out there for a small fee of £10 per year up to £73 per year for the Porsche owners club. So which ever one you choose to make it worth your while. Jan.

does anybody know what the minimum age has to be to qualify for this sceme?my mate has a mk2 mooredoor all specked up with a red top in wants to put it back on the road after being laid up for a couple of years and his normal broker wants £1700 .he's just turned 25 so i'm guessing he should be able to qualify for classic ins now? :thumbsup:

you insure it for him insurance firms love old codgers so you should get concessions :mrgreen: . and no i aint got me teeth in before you start :beer: