WELCOME TO THE NEW LOOK OLD SKOOL FORD

Vista

Over the last two or three days, we have successfully migrated the forum to a new server. Most of you will have noticed outages and downtime then bizarre goings on with having to login repeatedly only to find posts you've made have disappeared. This is due to the way server transition happens and was because some of you would have been posting on the old server whilst others were already on the new one. We apologize for this but it was a necessary evil in order to reduce our monthly operating costs. Hopefully that phase is complete and no-one is still having issues? Please advise if you are.

Now comes a big change. Old Skool Ford has had a number of facelifts over the years to keep it looking fresh on the surface but underneath some of the operating software was now very old and is no longer supported by the company that originally wrote it. This was making it increasingly difficult to maintain and as some of you may have noticed, the Shop and the Cult of OSF were high profile casualties of the move. Days of trying has not produced a fix for this so we have reluctantly taken the necessary steps to update the board and will be rolling out a new platform in the near future. We know change isn't always welcome and we do it only because we must. Please bear with us now it has gone live as we will be sorting small issues and tweaking the new board as we go. Sponsors images and banners are on the list, Avatars I'm afraid you will all have to reload, only those that were linked off site have carried over.

Please note that some posts made on the old forum today have not been carried over. This is simply because we had to start somewhere and with 800,000 + posts to convert to a new operating system, it took some hours!

Please find your way around, the navigation tools are very user friendly and far more capable than our previous board, you do need to get used to them though. A few tips for starters

1. View new content is on the right at the top of the message board. It opens a new sub menu with a number of ways categorise topics
  2. Messages are viewed and written from the envelope symbol above that
  3. Your profile, Sig, Avatar etc is accessed from the small arrow beside your username

Any questions, please ask but be patient as we're still learning too.

Many thanks for your patience and we look forward to seeing members old and new at meets and events across the show season.

• Like 2

Im liking the new layout , its easy to find and alter your info and messages and looks like we can bookmark threads we want to follow, not sure how to do any icons now and my main question will be can i change the background back to the gry / white as i find white on black heavy on my eyes, also we seem to have lost our purple !!!

Well done on the hard work :big hug:

P.s now found the icons :D

Im liking the new layout , its easy to find and alter your info and messages and looks like we can bookmark threads we want to follow, not sure how to do any icons now and my main question will be can i change the background back to the gry / white as i find white on black heavy on my eyes, also we seem to have lost our purple !!!

Well done on the hard work :big hug:

P.s now found the icons :D

At the moment no, this is the only skin there is. 

Re purple club any current members are still showing as purple, I'm afraid you expired on Feb 23rd. At the moment we've still to get the shop and purple subscription club up and running again but when we do we'll happily take your £12 sir   :cheers:

Well that shut me up :D

I thought it was on a automatic renewal, is there anyway i can sort that out asap ?

Well worth the £1 per month !!!

No, automatic re-subscription was part of the old old forum and we tried to stop it wherever we noticed it was still happening as we would get some irate emails from members that were no longer active on the forum accusing us of taking their money without their permission

You can send £12 via paypal gift to admin@oldskoolford.co.uk

But I can't promise you'll turn purple straight away as we're still finding our way around the board and admin panel ourself. We also haven't got an automated database of membership dates up and running yet so we'd quickly lose track of who's membership lasts until when.

No, automatic re-subscription was part of the old old forum and we tried to stop it wherever we noticed it was still happening as we would get some irate emails from members that were no longer active on the forum accusing us of taking their money without their permission

You can send £12 via paypal gift to admin@oldskoolford.co.uk

But I can't promise you'll turn purple straight away as we're still finding our way around the board and admin panel ourself. We also haven't got an automated database of membership dates up and running yet so we'd quickly lose track of who's membership lasts until when.

Thanks

Just paid up via paypal for another year :thumb:

WELL DONE CHAPS....

lot of work gone into changing to this set up....

Just an idea...what if the  banner at the top showing a few of the cars, could this be changed to rotate !!! 

all purple people, the ones who pay can display :party: