Stepping Down

Posse

Well men women, as you probably have seen that I haven’t been on here as much as I have been over the last 9 years but things change, family, kids growing up etc my Jemma has been selected to play for Chelsea girls and over the last few months that has been where my main focus has been. Trying to juggle the site and family stuff I haven’t got the time to put in the amount of time and effort  I have been able to do over the 9 years. This has been a big big BIG part of my life. I used to eat shit sleep it but life moves on .All I want to say is a big thanks to all the members for all of their support at shows etc and keeping the site active and moving along with the times and getting our name out there! Love it , thank u. Over the last 9 years it hasn’t just been me, my wife has been by my side sending out merchandise helping me until the early hours sending and packing up and sending tickets for the big shows .

I want the site to go forward and continue, so I have given the site to my admin team who also have been the the round ones and without them I would be a proper mess lol or even worse ... I have met some really nice people on here and have had some great times.

So thank you OSF hardcores, like I said its been a hard thing for me to do as it’s the best thing I have started from scratch other than my kids long live OLDSKOOLFORD XXXX

cheers Darren  :Rock:

• Like 2

You have done such a fantastic job over the years and I'm sure members will totally understand that your priorities have changed and rightly so when it's your family that are coming first !!

This is such a great community and all credit to you and admin for doing such a great job over the years.

Wish you well for the future x

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that but Family is important as I've found out in the last few weeks, totally understand and wish you all the best for the future.

Hopefully you will be back in the future once things have calmed down, thanks for all your hard work in the years I've been on here and thanks for creating a great forum & site.

• Like 1

As has already been said ... us Admin know how hard it must have been for you to come to this decision, but, you can be assured us remaining Admin will do our utmost to move the club/forum forward and continue to keep the Old Skool ethics alive. All credit to you and enjoy your new life :)

• Like 2

Shocked mate :-(

I would like to say thank you for all you have done over the years and for making me and lots of other members feel part of an old skool family from the day I joined.

Good luck mate and I hope you will still be at the shows and still part of oldskoolford and the scene!

Cheers mate Al

• Like 1

it’s the best thing I have started from scratch other than my kids long live OLDSKOOLFORD XXXX

cheers Darren  :Rock:

I started a car forum 10 years ago and know exactly how you feel and how draining as well as rewarding it can be. Most dont appreciate the time that goes into running a forum and the BS that goes with it at times.

Good luck in whatever you do, I just need to grow a pair like you and do the same ;)

And I think it would be fitting to change your Admin title to " OSF Founder"  :ykt:

• Like 1

Always hard to leave something you started especially considering what it has grown into today, i do not have much free time now as i have a 7mth old and dont realise where time goes...not on here much which is a shame but true facecloth is easier for a quick glance. Nowt wrong with the site its as good as ever but always browsing if dont comment  :gary: 

Met you a few times Darren and you always were ready to talk no matter what we drove, many thanks for starting oldskoolford introducing me to some good mates met thru it, All the best for the future, take care and i'm sure the admin will miss having to answer to you. :ykt:

• Like 1

Good luck Darren, as you say familly life must take preference..

Only been a member on here 18 months or so and have only spoke to you twice but was bowled over with your friendliness and your enthusiasm for everything old skool ford. Top dude in my book.. Take care dude.

• Like 1

Never thought i would see this day happen, i can remember back to 2004 when osf all started off and the first club stand at Ford fair that year.

You can be very proud at what you started here Darren. I know am not that well know on here now but for nearly 4 years i was on osf daily and saw the forum grow and grow.

Still remember one night when Darren had his van and there was a random drive to Brighton, i travelled down from Oxford and to was in the passenger seat for the evening, that van was mental and went sideways very easy ;)

• Like 2