CF show Marshall's/staff

So having had a blindin weekend away at CF show with me mates, it was a bit spoilt by the lack of organisation and BAD arrogant attitude by the Marshall's/staff unfortunately

They didn't seem to know who parked where who camped where and even who worked for who it now seems......

Quite a few people have said how arrogant they behaved towards us all....

One example:- trying to leave camp site towing trailer tents and caravans..... Getting bogged down and stuck... Seeing an opening in the field near the ticket huts making a run for it (as it wasn't boggy ) to try n get out without getting stuck again only on getting there the guys on the quad bikes closing it off with a jeep.... We got told no one allowed thru

But he let his mates thru and no one else! When we explained we were all getting stuck 'not my problem' was the answer...and rode off!!!!!! Cheers mate!

This is very long story cut short however ...

I now have no clutch having got stuck in all the mud etc trying to get me caravan out...

Spoke to the manager who was totally disinterested and said.... I just provide the venue it's not my event..... End of......

C'mon CF show peeps this needs doin better for next year

Paul it was the worse run classic ford show I've been too it took me longer to get out of santa pod than it did to drive home the staff inside were no better just standing around looking at others as they cut through where they could I'm gonna have to think carefully if I'm gonna come next year cos at the mo I ain't. Sorry to hear about your clutch my brand new starter is now making some very funny noises after I kept starting my race engine when it was hot in the queue.

• Like 1

Oh bludy hell Mark :( I hope it's alright.....

It's a shame as it's spoilt a great weekend event I just seen somewhere that one guy was assaulted by the security staff too.....

It's not good we've all spoken about what to do next year too....

There's always a queue to get out but this year was just a joke. The marshals were clueless and couldn't have cared less. That coupled with the attitude I got from one of them when I asked a simple question makes me think twice about coming back again. If I want to be spoken to like I'm a 3 year old child then I'll pass thanks. It's ok them saying they only provide the venue but after what we saw yesterday, they clearly cannot provide a venue fit for purpose. The actual show itself was great, hats off to Classic Ford for a great event and show.

• Like 2

I did hear that the delays to get out were due to some locals protesting because the night before some idiots were drifting in the village but I don't know how true that was. I would, however, like to thank Simon and his team at CF Mag for putting on a superb show - I have not seen it that busy in many years - well done

• Like 2

Maybe so Jo

However when I eventually got out of the quagmire on to hard surface the Marshall's were just stood there at side if road.... Chatting... Instead of organising a steady flow from camping field- car park field- and cars from show field.... They even blocked off from 2 lanes of traffic into 1 lane.... For no reason.....

A total wind up

Again it's a shame for CF team not to mention osf organisers of the day too

Getting us all on that stand.... Well done :)

Agreed PCOE ... it seems the problem is with both Pod staff and the hired jobsworth security blokes. Not good. I just wanted to add a positive remark to the conversation as I felt the actual show was much better this year without the plastic stuff we had last year ... granted that there were still a few that sneaked in but you will never stop that completely

• Like 3

Oh Jo I love this show I always have a great time with everyone

And defo better without rows n rows of plastic

And Saturdays strip runs were great fun not to mention the BBQ piss up sat night

• Like 1

I personally wasn't impressed by the organisation of the event this year which is a shame as I know a lot of time and effort goes into something like this and to be spoilt on the main day is very disapointing,it probably has put a lot of people off about coming back next year.

Hopefully it can be sorted next year,maybe making it a two day event and possibly getting a 'proper' event management company who is fully aware what it takes to put on a event of this nature.

• Like 6

First time at CF and i loved the day, but it was spoilt at the end by the staff upon leaving

ended up being annoyed with the attitude of some bald meat head .. ended up giving him abit of stick after a while.. couldnt help myself

still was a good day :)

they couldnt organise the people leaving, letting the field car park leave first leaving the other flow of traffic stay put .. took an hour to leave, after overheating and my start motor playing up

Paul, sorry to hear that your clutch suffered, and hope its sorted soon, we had opposite scales off marshalling this weekend.. On Saturday the chap couldn't have been more helpful, we travelled up with Essex Classics on arrival they all went to the camping area, Mrs N and myself are snobs and stay in a hotel.. I asked the chap if we could park on the hard standing for the day to avoid the mud... He parked us up by the fair ground.....

When we left on Sunday around 3 I stopped just before the exit out of everyone's way to wait for our son to make his way out of the public carpark.... Que the marshal ... Marches up to my car and shouts shift it mate !! Try to explain I'm waiting for my son.. This time he says shift it before I do... !!! Now I'm out of the car and in his face... Que the arrival of my 6"7' both high and wide son... He then marches off to try his luck with someone else.....

Great weekend though. OSF stand looked amazing

• Like 4

I think that they need to hire proper Marshall/traffic guys to get things moving . I myself arrived at 11 am parked up on the left just after the quiet camping right up the top .when I came out there were 2 barrels over the exit .I asked the Marshall yob how do I exit he just give me some sarcastic answer so being with two young daughters I chose not to take him out and followed the track down to the middle by the porta loos and exited there it took me prob about 35mins to get out . But it was being run by amateurs .I was also not happy about the rubbish bins that was overflowing everywhere which forces people to leave there rubbish on the floor by them .it wouldn't hurt them to come round and empty the bins throughout the show .but I must applaud the cf crew for a brilliant day . Neil

• Like 1

I think that they need to hire proper Marshall/traffic guys to get things moving . I myself arrived at 11 am parked up on the left just after the quiet camping right up the top .when I came out there were 2 barrels over the exit .I asked the Marshall yob how do I exit he just give me some sarcastic answer so being with two young daughters I chose not to take him out and followed the track down to the middle by the porta loos and exited there it took me prob about 35mins to get out . But it was being run by amateurs .I was also not happy about the rubbish bins that was overflowing everywhere which forces people to leave there rubbish on the floor by them .it wouldn't hurt them to come round and empty the bins throughout the show .but I must applaud the cf crew for a brilliant day . Neil

I got some sarky smug reply off one of the marshals ... So gave him a few choice words, and told him I'd been waiting to leave in a queue for over an hour and in his terms that's about £6.31 minimum wage to which he wasn't to Impressed. Could t help myself the fella was a total fool, just s big fat meat head. Only asked a simple question

• Like 1

great show only matched by the c***p marshalling. 

First thanks to the OSF team for making it a great event. However I have to agree that the whole Santa Pod organisation was a total farce. We left at 1600 only to get near the end of the strip by 1630. I decided to park up and go and watch the strip for 30 minutes til windup at 1700. Returned to car and rejoined the queue finally getting out of the site by 1800. 

I agree that the marshalls were just standing around doing diddly squat. When I tried to talk to one of them about trying to organise some logic to letting cars out he simply walked off. We sat by the rally car field for 20 minutes watching everyone  in the public car park and assunder just pulling out in front of us and driving away while all the show cars were cooking their engines. Someone at the pod needs to realise that without the show cars they ain't got a show and they don't get paid.

• Like 4

I have to agree with crapichris we sat for nearly an hour while they let all the flash new spectators cars out, whilst everyone one with the older classics that were overheating and people were having to push their pride and joy each time we moved a few feet !!!!

We ended up getting in at 8:30 which was a long day for the kids sat in a car with the sun burning down and no aircon like the new cars had :D