Dropping a Round

Kieran

We have previously done this and dropped the rule in 2014 to make every round count but we would like to know OSFDC competitors thoughts on dropping the round with the most points at the end of the year bringing it to 0 points...

I have tried it with the results from this year and it made no changes to this years top 3 but below them placings it was a different story, have a look below 

5_zpsc63192c3.jpg

Please vote below only if you competed in 2014 with your thoughts on this and a decision will be taken at the cut off which is January 31st 2015

Is it me just missing the point somewhere? On the results of this year I finished 8th with 460 points. On the table above where you say I've dropped around I still have 460 points but finish 4th. Sorry to be a pain but what has altered?

Because you didn't attend all 7 rounds you have already got a round with 0 points , it only really affects the people that do all the rounds

I am all for making it fair and competitive. However, is it fair for those that make the effort and expensive to cover every round? Just my 2p worth

That is how I feel Thierry but it is up for vote 

Is this my vote or have I missed a voting link somewhere

i think should leave as is or drop a round with the least points as we did a few years ago,if you lose the most points from a round then if you win a round you don't gain anything and as been mentioned a lot of effort and expense for nothing

• Like 3

My quick answer is keep it as it is because --

i understand where your coming from and it would mix it up and keep it competetive as KJ said but i think id go along with glenbo and Thierry. i wouldnt want to win a round only for it not to count in the final points. if a person makes the effort and expence (especially if you break the car lol) to make all the rounds in the year they are effectivly being penalised against others who dont make all the rounds. for 2015 i have booked the whole weekend as holiday from work to make sure i make it.

• Like 4

Vista .. not everyone can make every round either because of other commitments or because they can't afford it (it costs me £100) to get to each round, pay for entry, fuel, food etc and I don't even race) and so we started it to help those entrants.

Vista .. not everyone can make every round either because of other commitments or because they can't afford it (it costs me £100) to get to each round, pay for entry, fuel, food etc and I don't even race) and so we started it to help those entrants.

£100 - thats mainly your wine Jo.

i know it does work out expensive to race with all the other costs as well.

if we had to drop a round in the interests of making it closer/other comitments/costs etc, i think it best to drop the round with the least points earnt in if you attend all 7 rounds.

if a person can only make 6 rounds or less then you wouldnt discount a round from them,that way people still gain the fruits of winning a round without it feeling for nothing.

hope that makes sense?

• Like 2

My thoughts are with Thierry and Glenbo.It costs me around £250 and a 400 mile round trip to come racing for the weekend thats not including race fuel ect so for me and others who drive such a distance then have points or a round deducted would be dissapointing even though i've never won a round but as people no i've had issues with my car.I think it should stay at 7 rounds whether people can make it or not thats what racing is about.I.ve had issues with my car since the begining of the season but stiill came to every round to give my support and help others.

• Like 6

I'm all for keeping all seven rounds as I think it rewards the people who make the effort and commitment to complete them all! I know it's not possible in some cases with holidays etc but I'm just the points keeper not a competitor lol, I see the majority of you seem to agree so far though 

Anyone else have an input?

• Like 2