Distastefully Modified Old Skool Fords - Show us your worst!

Vista

It's either Signal Green or Java Green Mike, not sure which... :lol:

That properly made me spit my tea out. you've definitely got some sort of financial claim to the colour green, I'm convinced of it!

The ST is electric orange, which is metallic. I didn't think that fiesta was? Anyway that's enough of a thread hi jack, back to pics of ruined motors.....

• Like 1

I know of white Anglia ,it was modified not so long ago, probably 90s, the body kit was all steel, was running 2.8 Capri running gear all way through, not my cup of tea but was well made, as for cougar needs few more letters down side where it says ARS, lol

One of these threads wouldn't be complete without some shots of the mk1 Fantasia Capri pick up. I last saw this on eBay in about 2006 or 2007. I wonder what happened to it? In its defence it was done back when custom car modifications like this were all the rage.

The 3.0 Essex install looks nice but as they were available from the factory with those, it shouldn't have been too hard to do

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That was all the rage back then, just like RS 4spokes and stock bodies are now. Fantasia is not my taste at all but as a show car I think it's great. So over the top and loudly painted, it does what all show cars should do and that's grab your attention. Plus there's a hell of a lot of work gone into it and that should be respected.

• Like 3

anyone got any pics of a mk1 capri called Venom? not my cuppa tea but a true 70's job.

Ah, Venom? Haven't heard that name in a long time but a quick search reveals that it resurfaced in 2012 and was running again in 2013 after 28 years slumber. But the guy who brought it back to life didn't complete it and it was back on eBay in late 2013. Eventually sold early last year and I believe it was bought with the intention of restoring it to standard.

eBay listing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-venom-capri-hotrod-customised-barn-find-/141194997193?nma=true&si=9FogMgd91lprspf8CM%252F0dT0n4H0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

For sale ad from 1980

image.jpg

Pics of the day

image.jpg

image.jpg

Post slumber

image.jpg

image.jpg

More purple velour

image.jpg

Cleaned up (evidently been some repainting and body mods since early pics)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Engine run

I used to work at my old man's petrol station in southchurch rd, Southend in the late 70s, and used to fill up all the cars from the cruise. I remember a capri called white heat, I thought it was the business back then. Norman Wilding also used to come in regularly, he had some awesome customs, usually old Ford zephrys and zodiac, one I remember was pieces of eight, a zodiac with a yank v8 in it. He was always good fun and would do massive burn outs on the road outside the garage. Happy days!