English axle Large pinion flange

What size is the flange on the diff at the moment as there are 3 different sizes? It is easier to change the flange on the prop to fit as this does not alter any of the diff settings. I have a small flange for the prop shaft if it is the same size as your diff one.

• Like 1

I already have a prop with the correct flange.

If that's the easiest way to go.

What's involved to swap it over?

I'm trying to cure a horrendous vibration that starts around 65mph!

Been like it since I bought the car.

I've swapped diffs, wheels, tyres, gearbox, gearbox mount. I'm starting to run out of ideas.

Sounds like the prop shaft is out of balance, or a UJ on its way out. Either way its just a case of getting the flanges swapped over, any transmission place should be able to do it for you. I just had one done for my Anglia and had a new UJ fitted at the same time, only cost me £20. Worth a try as once you undo the nut in the centre of the diff all the settings go out of the window and it is not an easy job to set up at home.

• 1 year later...

I already have a prop with the correct flange.

If that's the easiest way to go.

What's involved to swap it over?

I'm trying to cure a horrendous vibration that starts around 65mph!

Been like it since I bought the car.

I've swapped diffs, wheels, tyres, gearbox, gearbox mount. I'm starting to run out of ideas.

Hi I wondered if you sorted your vibration problem as I I have the trouble . Tried new diff gearbox wheels had the prop balanced new ujs but it still vibrates . Dip the couch at any speed and you get vibration. Any ideas

I can't see how dipping the clutch would introduce a vibration that wasn't there whilst driving normally.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...